Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash statement equivalent
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bash statement equivalent Post 302921348 by Kosak on Thursday 16th of October 2014 01:32:47 PM
Old 10-16-2014
You are right, but that's not what i'm looking for. The statement i posted i use inside the script, actually this are the first lines of the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl equivalent of ksh if / echo statement

Is there an equivalent perl statement for the following ksh statement ? example if then ... else ... fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is ksh equivalent of bash echo -n ?

Hi folks, I need to stop printing a new line after echoing a string in KSH. i know bash provides echo -n "string" what is the ksh equivalent for this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mudhireddy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash equivalent of perl's pack function ?

Is there an equivalent of perl's pack function in bash ? Or in other words, how can I achieve the same thing in bash ? Much appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[tcsh2bash] Tab completion - 'enhanced' equivalent in bash?

I really like tcsh's: set completion='enhanced' because it treats underscores and dash signs the same. I don't have to reach for the shift key when trying to complete files that have underscores. As far as I know, there is nothing like this in bash. Does such a thing exist in bash? If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarnobat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching in BASH (equivalent of =~ in Perl)

In Perl I can write a condition that evaluates a match expression like this: if ($foo =~ /^bar/) { do blah blah blah } How do I write this in shell? What I need to know is what operator do I use? The '=~' doesn't seem to fit. I've tried different operators, I browsed the man page for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiana_tas
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conditional statement in bash

I want to combine 2 conditional statements by using -o in bash, but it won't work. if ; then echo "The number needs to be between 0 and $nr" fi Each time i execute the file it says: ./selectCitaat: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token `$1' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc.arne
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash if statement help needed

Hi I need a script with an if statement that goes. I need it to search through all files within a directory with the extension .test if it finds the string '71502FSC1206' then do sed 's/71502FSC1206/\n&/g' > send.test If it finds the string '715MCH' or '715JAC' then I need it to move the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash - OR within an IF statement

Hey guys, Currently trying to write a wee script that runs only when logged in as one of two users. The rest of the script is working fine, but no matter what user I try to run it as, it always fails! This is the puzzling part:if ]; then echo "Run script as admin " exit 1 else... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - case statement

Hi Gurus, I have the below BASH code which does not works for upper case alphabets except Z (upper case Z). What may be the reason. Also escape sequences like \n, \t, \b, \033(1m \033(0m (For bold letter) are not working. case $var in ) echo "Lower case alphabet" ;; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaneshAnanth
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] If statement in bash

I have the following code in bash, however "set red frmt" is not displayed. echo "iarg_rd = $iarg_rd" iarg_rd="2" if ; then echo "Hello World" fi if ; then frmt="${gap}${!frmt_titl_yl}" elif ; then frmt="${gap}${!frmt_titl_bk}" elif ; then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)