Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two folders and file content Post 302921187 by Corona688 on Wednesday 15th of October 2014 01:56:20 PM
Old 10-15-2014
Show the output you have and I can try and convert it into the format you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote compare of folders

Hi, Is there a way (either commands/tools/scripts/logic) to compare two given folders on different unix boxes. I want to compare folder a in Unix box 'A' with folder 'b' in Unix box 'B'. I can run the script in Unix box 'A'. I am looking. for following results: files/sub folders only in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Compare content of one file with other file

Hi All, I need to compare the content of one file with the other.The first file holds the records: aaa ,123 bbb,321 ccc,890 Second file willl holds the record aaa,bbb,ccc My problem is i need to take the first column of file one and compare with the first row of second file.If it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To compare selective file in different folders

Hello, I am using dircmp -d <folde1> <Folder2> to compare the files from two different foldes, but this command compares for all the files. Is there any option to select only some files for comparision. For example in Folder1: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Folder2 file1.txt file2.txt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmahesh2k
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders...

Hello, I try to compare 2 folders, i explain, i have file in this 2 folder and i want to print out the difference in this folders... ex: folder1: file1 file2 file3 folder2: file1 file2 print file3 I do a ls of the 2 folders and i use the command diff (diff $var1 $var2) without... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file content into specific folders

Hi I have a large text file and I want to split its content into multiple flies. this large file contains several blocks of codes separated by a comment line for each block. this comment line represents a directory path So, when separate these blocks each into a separate file, This output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash selective copy folders and content to another location

I'm looking for a bash scrypt to copy some folders and some of the content to another location. I'm a teacher and very noobish with programming language anyway what I'm looking for , I have this director structure Main director "Students" with subfolders "john";"daisy";"work" etc .. and some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brickleul
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: how compare content of a file with an other array

Hi, I created a skript in ksh which generate a file with semicolon as separator, this is an example of the file a created: example content file: hello;AAAA;2014-08-17 hello;BBBB;2014-08-17 hello;CCCC;2014-08-17 I would need to compare the content in of the second column of this file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmartin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move multiple files 4rm Source to different target folders based on a series num in the file content

Dear Experts my scenario is as follows... I have one source folder "Source" and 2 target folders "Target_123456" & "Target_789101". I have 2 series of files. 123456 series and 789101 series. Each series has got 3 types of fiels "Debit", "Refund", "Claims". All files are getting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & print content of file which is not matching

Hi All I want to compare 2 files using awk and get output of content which is not matching I have 2 files a.txt 123 456 780 143 b.txt A|B|C|167|D|E C|K|D|123|D|E A|B|D|789|G|F C|D|G|143|A|B Not matching line from b.txt O/P A|B|C|167|D|E A|B|D|789|G|F (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare files in 2 folders and delete the large file

Hello, my first thread here. I've been searching and fiddling around for about a week and I cannot find a solution.:confused: I have been converting all of my home videos to HEVC and sometimes the files end up smaller and sometimes they don't. I am currently comparing all the video files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josh52180
5 Replies
KRADIO4-CONVERT-PRESETS(1)					  convert-presets					KRADIO4-CONVERT-PRESETS(1)

NAME
kradio4-convert-presets - convert-presets SYNOPSIS
kradio4-convert-presets [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [options] [preset files] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts the preset files in the KRadio pre 0.3.0 alpha 2 format to the current one. OPTIONS
Arguments: preset files the preset files to convert Options: -q quiet mode - no informational output Generic options: --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v, --version Show version information --license Show license information -- End of options KDE options: --caption <caption> Use 'caption' as name in the titlebar --icon <icon> Use 'icon' as the application icon --config <filename> Use alternative configuration file --nocrashhandler Disable crash handler, to get core dumps --waitforwm Waits for a WM_NET compatible windowmanager --style <style> sets the application GUI style --geometry <geometry> sets the client geometry of the main widget - see man X for the argument format (usually WidthxHeight+XPos+YPos) Qt options: --display <displayname> Use the X-server display 'displayname' --session <sessionId> Restore the application for the given 'sessionId' --cmap Causes the application to install a private color map on an 8-bit display --ncols <count> Limits the number of colors allocated in the color cube on an 8-bit display, if the application is using the QApplication::ManyColor color specification --nograb tells Qt to never grab the mouse or the keyboard --dograb running under a debugger can cause an implicit -nograb, use -dograb to override --sync switches to synchronous mode for debugging --fn, --font <fontname> defines the application font --bg, --background <color> sets the default background color and an application palette (light and dark shades are calculated) --fg, --foreground <color> sets the default foreground color --btn, --button <color> sets the default button color --name <name> sets the application name --title <title> sets the application title (caption) --visual TrueColor forces the application to use a TrueColor visual on an 8-bit display --inputstyle <inputstyle> sets XIM (X Input Method) input style. Possible values are onthespot, overthespot, offthespot and root --im <XIM server> set XIM server --noxim disable XIM --reverse mirrors the whole layout of widgets --stylesheet <file.qss> applies the Qt stylesheet to the application widgets --graphicssystem <system> use a different graphics system instead of the default one, options are raster and opengl (experimental) SEE ALSO
kradio4(1) AUTHORS
Ernst Martin Witte <emw@nocabal.de> Klas Kalass <klas.kalass@gmx.de> K Desktop Environment Jan 2011 KRADIO4-CONVERT-PRESETS(1)