Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Faulty parts in a frame
Special Forums Hardware Faulty parts in a frame Post 302921125 by admin_db on Wednesday 15th of October 2014 05:01:52 AM
Old 10-15-2014
Faulty parts in a frame

Hello,

Following parts need to be replaced in a frame as suggested by IBM
1. Flexible Cable
2. Service Processor Card

Would these faulty parts impact all lpars which are there in this frame?

Best regards,
Vishal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Faulty PSU - but its still working !?!

Hello We have a power supply in an x4100 (x86) and it seems to be faulty but it is still working!?! (this box only has one PSU). We are getting Orange flashing warning light on the front of the box and the LED labelled “rear PSu” is solid orange ...We don't seem to have had any syslog error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Replacing a faulty volume

Hi All, I replace a sub-mirror of a mirrored volume by using below command: #metadetach d10(mirror) d11(striped) #metattach d10 d13(other striped) With above process I successfully replaced a faulty volume. I want to knoow if the process I followed is right. Or if not, what... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

3. Solaris

fmadm faulty output

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask a question about fmadm and explorer outputs. Recently found out that an error shows up in fmadm saying "mb is faulty but still in service" so we took an explorer send to Oracle Support. Error led wasn't on but we didn't want to risk the probability. They came up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalliege
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Help with faulty Disk on Sun OS

Hi, Recently i came across a disk that seems to be faulty and need help. I have gathered some information by running below commands and any help on how to solve this will be great. # uname –a SunOS XYZ 5.7 Generic_106541-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 #df -k Filesystem kbytes used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Remove Faulty disk from HP-UX LVM VG

Requirement to remove a faulty mirrored disk from hp-ux LVM <root@pdwp1s>/etc # vgdisplay -v /dev/vg00 vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't query physical volume "/dev/dsk/c2t0d0": The specified path does not correspond to physical volume attached to this volume group vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
9 Replies

6. HP-UX

Remove faulty disk LV from VG

Hi, Have mirrored the primary disk to 3 . Server and OS: # uname -a HP-UX pdwp1s B.11.11 U 9000/800 118434630 unlimited-user license # model 9000/800/L3000-7x # strings /etc/lvmtab /dev/vg00 +F@< /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 /dev/dsk/c2t2d0 /dev/dsk/c2t0d0 But now I have only 1 disk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

FAULTY DISK replacement HP rx4640

Hello, I'm new to this forum and as you will see from my question I'm new to UNIX as well. One of our costumers has HP rx4640 running on UNIX with two 300GB hot-swappable disks that are mirrored. They reported to us that one of the disks is faulty and they want us to take care of it. Below is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjk
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing parts of ten digits number by parts

I have number in file which contains date and serial number: 2013101000. The last two digits are serial number (00). So maximum of serial number is 100. After reaching 100 it becomes 00 with incrementing 10 which is day with max 31. after reaching 31 it becomes 00 and increments 10... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
31 Replies

9. Red Hat

HBA card faulty

Hi, How to determine if HBA card in getting faulty from linux host ? any pointers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Show faulty shows PS1 faulty

I plugged both power cables in both power supply. When I unplugged each power cable one by one, the SPARC T4-1 machine keep running. However, show faulty command shows below message. (I have also attached the picture of both power supply) -> show faulty Target ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
1 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)