Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create or convert to pdf files from csv files using shell script? Post 302921023 by junior-helper on Tuesday 14th of October 2014 10:14:16 AM
Old 10-14-2014
If you have libreoffice, you could try this for a one-to-one copy:
Code:
$ libreoffice --headless --infilter=text --convert-to pdf file.csv

The light-blue part is optional, figure out the difference if you leave it out.
This User Gave Thanks to junior-helper For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert files into csv format using perl

Hi all perl gurus, I need your help to get the desired output in perl. I have a file which has text in it in the format Connection request start timestamp = 12/08/2008 00:58:36.956700 Connect request completion timestamp = 12/08/2008 00:58:36.959729 Application idle time ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: azs0309
10 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to create PDF documents from my word files?

Hi guys, I need to create PDF documents from my word files. How do I do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hilda Thompson
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create the files dynamically in c shell script

how can i CREATE a txt file dynamically in c shell: for instance: #! /bin/csh for each i (*) cat>file$i.txt for each j do .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to convert PDF to text/CSV

Please suggest ways to easily convert pdf to text in perl only on windows (no other tools can be downloaded) Here is what I have been doing : using a module CAM::PDF to extract data. But it shows everything in messy format :wall: But this module is the only one working with the pdf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data from PDF files into CSV file

Hi, I have several hundreds of PDFfiles number 01.pdf, 02.pdf, 03.pdf, etc in one folder. These are vey long documentd with a lot of information (text, tables, figures, etc). I need to extract the information asociated with one disease in particular (Varicella). The information I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Convert XLSX or XLS files to CSV file

Hi All, I've got in a situation where I need to convert .xlsx or .xls formatted files into simple text file or .csv file. I've found many options but doing this using PERL script is the best way I believe.I'm in AIX box. Perl code should have 2 params while running. i.e perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manab86
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create pdf of a jpg image in shell script

Dear Team, Can any one please let me know, if there is any way to create pdf of a Jpg image file in shell script. I work on Solaris, Korn Shell. Currently we are using sunpcl2pdf.exe to create PDF from PCL(Printer Control Language) files. But we are searching for some different way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttam Maji
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for field wise record count for different Files .csv files

Hi, Very good wishes to all! Please help to provide the shell script for generating the record counts in filed wise from the .csv file My question: Source file: Field1 Field2 Field3 abc 12f sLm 1234 hjd 12d Hyd 34 Chn My target file should generate the .csv file with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirands
14 Replies
csv2po(1)						      Translate Toolkit 1.9.0							 csv2po(1)

NAME
csv2po - convert Comma-Separated Value (.csv) files to Gettext PO localization files SYNOPSIS
csv2po [--version] [-h|--help] [--manpage] [--progress PROGRESS] [--errorlevel ERRORLEVEL] [-i|--input] INPUT [-x|--exclude EXCLUDE] [-o|--output] OUTPUT [-t|--template TEMPLATE] [--charset CHARSET] [--columnorder] [--duplicates DUPLICATESTYLE] DESCRIPTION
See: http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/csv2po for examples and usage instructions OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h/--help show this help message and exit --manpage output a manpage based on the help --progress show progress as: dots, none, bar, names, verbose --errorlevel show errorlevel as: none, message, exception, traceback -i/--input read from INPUT in csv format -x/--exclude exclude names matching EXCLUDE from input paths -o/--output write to OUTPUT in po, pot formats -t/--template read from TEMPLATE in pot, po, pot formats --charset set charset to decode from csv files --columnorder specify the order and position of columns (location,source,target) --duplicates what to do with duplicate strings (identical source text): merge, msgctxt (default: 'msgctxt') Translate Toolkit 1.9.0 csv2po(1)