Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File names as array element in ksh Post 302920915 by usrrenny on Monday 13th of October 2014 03:09:19 PM
Old 10-13-2014
Thanks Don. But my requirement was
a,b,c are members i found from a set of files say 1.txt, 2.txt, 3.txt respectively. so i am storing a,b,c in array and showing tht in file. i want my array/file to be like below

a(the member), 1.txt(the file from where the member 'a' was found)
b(the member) 2.txt(the file from where the member 'b' was found)
like this.

Apologies for the confusion in my previous post.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding array element in KSH

All, I would like to add the first 10 elements of an array. Here is how I am doing it now (only included first few add ops): #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Grab the array values out of a file### TOTAL=`awk '/time/' /tmp/file.out | awk '{print $4}'` set -A times $TOTAL SUM=$((${times} + times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Directory from array of file names with paths

I have a script that generates a variable with the location of a file and its complete path. What i want to do is to "cd" to the directory where that file is located using the path name of the file. GIS has absolutely failed me. For example when i run my script it generates a variable called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Knome
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating array containing file names

I am wondering how I can save the file names (stored in $file or $fnames) in array which I can access with an index. alias MATH 'set \!:1 = `echo "\!:3-$" | bc -l`' set narg = $#argv while ($iarg < $narg) MATH iarg = $iarg + 1 set arg = $argv set opt = ` echo $arg | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to initialize ksh array when first element includes hyphen

Hi I'm trying to create an array with variable including hyphen but ksh refuses the first element set -A allArgs set +A allArgs ${allArgs} -all set +A allArgs ${allArgs} -date set +A allArgs ${allArgs} test ./test.ksh: -all: bad option(s) It happens only when first element is like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdan2000
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign file names to array variable?

I wish to assign file names with particular extention to array variables. For example if there are 5 files with .dat extention in /home/sam then i have to assign these 5 files to an array. plz help me how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
4 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Assigning zero to element of ksh array.

set -A matched #find referenced files. for i in ${file_names_html} do counter_j=0 for j in ${file_names_minus_index} do match=`cat $i | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin_simple
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh insert element in array

Hi all, I need help with the following scenario in ksh. If the number of elements contained by arrayA is 11 I need to insert a zero as the element arrayA then print all arrayA elements separated by comma. Appreciate your help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to call an element from an array in ksh

Hi, I have: # Initialize variables #!/usr/bin/ksh FILENM=$1 INDEX=0 # read filename echo "You are working with the Config file: $FILENM" while read line do echo $line data=$line ((INDEX=INDEX+1)) done <"$FILENM" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unset array element and save to file in Bash

#!/bin/bash X=(2H 4S 10D QC JD 9H 8S) How do I unset the 10D from this array and save it to a file? Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
5 Replies
BSEARCH(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						BSEARCH(3)

NAME
bsearch, bsearch_b -- binary search of a sorted table SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> void * bsearch(const void *key, const void *base, size_t nel, size_t width, int (*compar) (const void *, const void *)); void * bsearch_b(const void *key, const void *base, size_t nel, size_t width, int (^compar) (const void *, const void *)); DESCRIPTION
The bsearch() function searches an array of nel objects, the initial member of which is pointed to by base, for a member that matches the object pointed to by key. The size (in bytes) of each member of the array is specified by width. The contents of the array should be in ascending sorted order according to the comparison function referenced by compar. The compar routine is expected to have two arguments which point to the key object and to an array member, in that order. It should return an integer which is less than, equal to, or greater than zero if the key object is found, respectively, to be less than, to match, or be greater than the array member. The bsearch_b() function is like bsearch() except the callback compar is a block pointer instead of a function pointer. RETURN VALUES
The bsearch() and bsearch_b() functions returns a pointer to a matching member of the array, or a null pointer if no match is found. If two members compare as equal, which member is matched is unspecified. SEE ALSO
db(3), lsearch(3), qsort(3) STANDARDS
The bsearch() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90''). BSD
May 20, 2008 BSD