Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Average of multiple time-stamped data every half hour Post 302920815 by terrychen on Monday 13th of October 2014 06:15:22 AM
Old 10-13-2014
Hi Don,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Regarding your question, if this is a homework assignment, it's not. I collect a stream of data and use excel to take an average since I am not a programmer or someone with Unix background. Maybe it's about time I can learn some perl etc. and make my life a little easier than having to use excel to take an average.

Like you said, I was wrong in saying the last item on the value for time is millisecond. It actually goes from 0 till 9 for the next value and then the value for second increases by one.

Also, I am trying to calculate average of A values and average of B values for the duration of 30 minutes.

Regards,
Terry

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

problem deleting date-time stamped file in a directory

I have a number of files of the format filename.xfr_mmddyy_%H%M%S which i get in a specified directory daily. Now i want to search in the specified directory & delete the files which are more than 2 days old .So I use a command find $DIR/backup/* -ctime +2 -exec rm -f {} \; But after executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

calculate average of multiple line data

I have a question as below and i need to write a shell or perl script for this query:My Input file looks like below RNo Marks 12 50 15 70 18 80 12 40 13 55 18 88 13 75... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smacherla
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in extracting multiple files and taking average at same time

Hi, I have 20 files which have respective 50 lines with different values. I would like to process each line of the 50 lines in these 20 files one at a time and do an average of 3rd field ($3) of these 20 files. This will be output to an output file. Instead of using join to generate whole... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate the average of time series data using AWK

Hi, I have two time series data (below) merged into a file. t1 and t2 are in unit of second I want to calculate the average of V1 every second and count how many times "1" in V2 is occur within a second Input File: t1 V1 t2 V2 10.000000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
5 Replies

5. AIX

Time getting reduced by 1 hour

I am setting TZ=EST5EDT,M3.2.0/02:00:00,M11.1.0/02:00:00 Then Setting the date to Mar 14 01:40 EST date 0314014010 Sun Mar 14 01:40:36 EDT 2010 Note that it show it EST. According to my TZ variable 01:40 Should be in EST only. On executing date command once again it shows date Sun Mar... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: januuj23
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting average data per hour

Hi i have log like this : Actually i will process the data become Anybody can help me ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load average spikes once an hour

Hi, I am getting a high load average, around 7, once an hour. It last for about 4 minutes and makes things fairly unusable for this time. How do I find out what is using this. Looking at top the only thing running at the time is md5sum. I have looked at the crontab and there is nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sm9ai
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 24 hour time to 12 hour timing?

Hi friends, I want to convert 24 hour timing to 12 hour please help me... my data file looks like this.. 13-Nov-2011 13:27:36 15.32044 72.68502 13-Nov-2011 12:08:31 15.31291 72.69807 16-Nov-2011 01:16:54 15.30844 72.74028 15-Nov-2011 20:09:25 15.35096 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Want to get average value for each hour

I want to get CPU average value only (not required user CPU & memory) with each hours on individual date. The sample output is below | | | User |Memory| User | Date | Time |CPU %|CPU % | % |Mem % | 03/02/2015|00:00:00| 24.56| 20.66| 89.75| 63.48|... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saravanan_0074
13 Replies
TORRUS_SCHEDULERINFO(8) 					      torrus						   TORRUS_SCHEDULERINFO(8)

NAME
schedulerinfo - Displays extended scheduler tasks information. SYNOPSIS
torrus schedulerinfo --tree=TREENAME [options...] DESCRIPTION
This utility displays the extended scheduler tasks information for tree TREENAME on standard output. This might be useful for scheduler planning and analysis. OPTIONS
--config Reports scheduler's configuration. The values are explained below. Total collector/monitor leaves: N Total number of datasources being processed by collector or monitor daemon. Scheduled leaves by type Torrus supports arbitrary number of collector types, and this report shows how many datasources belong to every type. Currently the monitor leaves are not divided into types. Least common period: N seconds The report below shows how the tasks are distributed across the time line, and the least common period shows the period of this time line. Tasks execution timeline This report tells which task and how many datasources are involved in each task startup event, and how these events are dispersed across the time. The column Interval shows the time interval from each task execution event to the next event on the timeline. --runtime Reports scheduler's runtime statistics, such as running cycle times, late starts etc. The meaning of the output values is as follows. Values that have zero values are usually not printed. Task: Name, Period: N seconds, Offset: M seconds Each scheduler task is characterized by its name (usually Collector or Monitor), period, and timeoffset. Fore example, if period is set to 300 seconds, and offset is 14 seconds, then the task would be executed at 00:00:14, 00:05:14, 00:10:14, and so on for every hour in a day. N running cycles passed How many times the task was executed since last reset. The counter is normally reset after torrus_compilexml(8) successfully compiles the configuration. N late starts How many times the task has started with a delay from its normal schedule. N too long runs How many times the task execution time was longer than its period. N overrun periods How many periods have been missed because of too long executions. N missed periods How many periods were missed because of any reason (such as other tasks delaying). Min, Max, Average, Exp Average The time values are displayed in four columns: Mimimum, Maximum and Average values since last reset, and Exponential decay value, which may be interpreted as the average for last several values. With defaults defined in torrus-config.pl, 95% of the average is calculated from last 3 values. Running Time How long the task executes each period. Late Start How long the task start was delayed. Too Long How much time the too long run took. RRD Queue In a multithreaded environment, the RRD files are writen in a background thread. This value shows the length of the RRD update queue at the beginning of each update cycle. --help Displays a help message. SEE ALSO
torrus(8), torrus_compilexml(8) NOTES
See more documentation at Torrus home page: http://torrus.org AUTHOR
Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin@yahoo.com> torrus 2.03 2013-07-26 TORRUS_SCHEDULERINFO(8)