Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Chrome browser no longer working on my debian lenny 5 Post 302920808 by coolatt on Monday 13th of October 2014 05:28:31 AM
Old 10-13-2014
Debian Chrome browser no longer working on my debian lenny 5

Hi All,

My chrome browser was working correctly on my Debian Lenny 5 PC..Today i downloaded the version from google and tried to install the deb from command line as follows:

Code:
dpkg -i <latest-chrome-package>

The installation failed but now my existing old chrome browser is not starting.

I tried a lot of things and eventually found the /opt/google/chrome/ directory is no longer on my system.

the shortcut which launched the browser was
Code:
/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome %U

Please help me install and run this again.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

my account is no longer working

my account mhm4 is no longer working (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhm4
9 Replies

2. Debian

Debian Lenny update problems

Hi everybody! I have a very big problem, I can not make any updates on my debian lenny. I get everytime this errors with apt-get update: Err http://security.debian.org lenny/updates Release.gpg Connection failed Err http://www.backports.org lenny-backports Release.gpg Connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magge
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

downgrade sh to 3.1 - debian lenny - how?

Hello, i'd need to downgrade sh to the latest 3.1 version, been trying to pin the version in apt preferences or use aptitude but it doesn't want to work. (Best possible to GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)) Linux version 2.6.26-2-amd64 (Debian 2.6.26-19lenny2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
0 Replies

4. Debian

Remotely unlock ssh key (Gnome, Debian Lenny)

Hi, I don't think this is a new problem, but I can't find a solution anywhere, and it's quite annoying: In the office, I have a workstation running Debian Lenny with Gnome, and I've copied my ssh key to some other machines for secure and easy login without havin' to remember all the passwords.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: harald
8 Replies

5. Debian

How to install Java in Debian Lenny

Hi all im trying to install Java in Debian lenny with apt-get install but can find the packages...anyone can help me on this one? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Install google chrome browser in RHEL

Hi All, This is my operating system. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga). This is a64 bit version # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga) # uname -a Linux oim11gdevlab 2.6.18-274.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 8 17:36:59 EDT 2011 x86_64... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandu345
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script is not longer working in the crontab

This is the crontab it is supossed to be running everyday but it didnt 5 0 * * * /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 Inside the above script connects to a database and extract data to a flat file, manually i run the script at about 2 a.m. and Works OK,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vnc No Longer Working Correctly

Hello All, Yesterday, all day, I was using x11vnc and vncviewer to connect to a server. But today for some reason it is not working. I don't remember changing any settings or anything like that, but because it stopped working correctly I guess something has...? I'm issuing the exact same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
DEBGET(1)						   Debian-goodies documentation 						 DEBGET(1)

NAME
debget - Fetch a .deb for a package in APT's database SYNOPSIS
debget package [package ...] DESCRIPTION
debget fetches a .deb for one or more packages from an Debian mirror. It uses apt-get(1) to find out the URL so it will download the same version from the same server as apt-get would do. The .deb will be downloaded with curl(1) and stored in your current working directory. KNOWN BUGS
debget will not work for packages that are available in apt-get's cache. If you need that functionality please use the .download option in aptitude. AUTHOR
Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> This manpage was written by Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE
Copyright (C) 2001 Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian systems, a copy of the GNU General Public License may be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. SEE ALSO
apt-get(1), curl(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-21 DEBGET(1)