Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris V490 Network Active Hardware no IP Post 302920686 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 11th of October 2014 04:44:17 AM
Old 10-11-2014
When you look at the ifconfig -a output, are the flags up and running true for the interface in question?

Eample:
Code:
e1000g0: flags=19040843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
          inet xxx netmask ffffffc0 broadcast xxx
          ether 0:14:4f:cb:71:5e

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

active network connections

how can i see active network connections (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youmna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

network active shell script

can anyone help me find a script that i can use to see whether a network is up and if it aint up then create a new network. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_jon85
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Active Network Connection Override

Hi All, I use two Network Connections at work: Wireless and LAN. Wireless network has no limitations, but LAN internet has a web filter. I start a download using my Wireless conn. (At this point, LAN is disabled) But when I activate my LAN connection my download stops immediately. LAN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalavkalav
4 Replies

4. AIX

How to find the active network inteface on etherchannel

I have a server with multiple network interfaces. 2 of these interfaces, lets say en2 and en6 make up an etherchannel interface, which let's say en8. when I run the command lsattr -El ent8 I can see the designated primary and backup interfaces as ent6 and ent2, in the given order. But... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
10 Replies

5. AIX

How to active this network adapter?

When I configure two VIO Servers, VIOS1 used to ping its gateway, after I configured second VIOS2, VIOS1 cannpt ping its gateway, when I run this command: entstat -all ent#|grep -i priority Priority: 5 Active: False How to make Active to True? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active?

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active? Means output should be something like: "eth0, wlan1, wlan3" Problem: The output is supposed to happen on a 16x2 LCD Display. Currently I am doing a "Ifconfig" as output, but its too fast for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordofazeroth
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)