Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris V490 Network Active Hardware no IP Post 302920686 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 11th of October 2014 04:44:17 AM
Old 10-11-2014
When you look at the ifconfig -a output, are the flags up and running true for the interface in question?

Eample:
Code:
e1000g0: flags=19040843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
          inet xxx netmask ffffffc0 broadcast xxx
          ether 0:14:4f:cb:71:5e

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

active network connections

how can i see active network connections (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youmna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

network active shell script

can anyone help me find a script that i can use to see whether a network is up and if it aint up then create a new network. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_jon85
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Active Network Connection Override

Hi All, I use two Network Connections at work: Wireless and LAN. Wireless network has no limitations, but LAN internet has a web filter. I start a download using my Wireless conn. (At this point, LAN is disabled) But when I activate my LAN connection my download stops immediately. LAN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalavkalav
4 Replies

4. AIX

How to find the active network inteface on etherchannel

I have a server with multiple network interfaces. 2 of these interfaces, lets say en2 and en6 make up an etherchannel interface, which let's say en8. when I run the command lsattr -El ent8 I can see the designated primary and backup interfaces as ent6 and ent2, in the given order. But... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
10 Replies

5. AIX

How to active this network adapter?

When I configure two VIO Servers, VIOS1 used to ping its gateway, after I configured second VIOS2, VIOS1 cannpt ping its gateway, when I run this command: entstat -all ent#|grep -i priority Priority: 5 Active: False How to make Active to True? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active?

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active? Means output should be something like: "eth0, wlan1, wlan3" Problem: The output is supposed to happen on a 16x2 LCD Display. Currently I am doing a "Ifconfig" as output, but its too fast for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordofazeroth
2 Replies
ifdata(1)																 ifdata(1)

NAME
ifdata - get network interface info without parsing ifconfig output SYNOPSIS
ifdata [options] {iface} DESCRIPTION
ifdata can be used to check for the existence of a network interface, or to get information abut the interface, such as its IP address. Un- like ifconfig or ip, ifdata has simple to parse output that is designed to be easily used by a shell script. OPTIONS
-h Print out a help summary. -e Test to see if the interface exists, exit nonzero if it does not. -p Prints out the whole configuration of the interface. -pe Prints "yes" or "no" if the interface exists or not. -pa Prints the IPv4 address of the interface. -pn Prints the netmask of the interface. -pN Prints the network address of the interface. -pb Prints the broadcast address of the interface. -pm Prints the MTU of the interface. Following options are Linux only. -ph Prints the hardware address of the interface. -pf Prints the flags of the interface. -si Prints out all the input statistics of the interface. -sip Prints the number of input packets. -sib Prints the number of input bytes. -sie Prints the number of input errors. -sid Prints the number of dropped input packets. -sif Prints the number of input fifo overruns. -sic Print the number of compressed input packets. -sim Prints the number of input multicast packets. -so Prints out all the output statistics of the interface. -sop Prints the number of output packets. -sob Prints the number of output bytes. -soe Prints the number of output errors. -sod Prints the number of dropped output packets. -sof Prints the number of output fifo overruns. -sox Print the number of output collisions. -soc Prints the number of output carrier losses. -som Prints the number of output multicast packets. -bips Prints the number of bytes of incoming traffic measured in one second. -bops Prints the number of bytes of outgoing traffic measured in one second. AUTHOR
Benjamin BAYART 2006-03-07 ifdata(1)