Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run multiple Queries in a ksh Script? Post 302920653 by DGPickett on Friday 10th of October 2014 04:07:45 PM
Old 10-10-2014
PS: Consider using derived tables and one query:
Code:
SELECT whatever from (query 1) a join (query 2) b on b.key=a.key . . . .

Sybase will handle the temdb tables underneath silently.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run ksh script from cgi

Hi, I'm developing a system which requires me to run a ksh script from within a cgi script. What sort of syntax will I need to do this, I'm sure it's simple but can't find out how anywhere! Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodges
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple MySql queries in shell script?

Hi guys, i know how to run a single query using mysql embedded in a shell script as follows: `mysql -umyuser -pmypass --host myhost database<<SQL ${query}; quit SQL` However, how would i be able to run several queries within the same connection? The reason for this is i am creating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script through crontab using ksh

hi i have a script called test.sh. the content is ls >> crontest.txt. if i run manually it's giving output.but if i scheduled in crontab it's not giving output. crontab entry: 02 * * * * /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/test.sh >> /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/testfile/logfile 2>&1 I am using ksh.is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store results of multiple sql queries in shell variables in ksh?

Hi, I have a script where I make a sqlplus connection. In the script I have multiple sql queries within that sqlplus connection. I want the result of the queries to be stored in shell variables declared earlier. I dont want to use procedures. Is there anyway else. Thanks in advance.. Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in a backgroun - ksh

i ran the below in ksh... nohup <script> & it is runnign in background. now how do i see if the above command is success... i also need to bring the command to foreground and view the run details. pls advise how to do that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple .py in ksh?

Hi programmers, say I have 4 files : file1.py,file2.py,file3.py,file4.py How do I, on a korn shell, create one file, run_all, that is one file that sequentially calls file1-file4, but only so if they complete w/o errors? Something like: #!/usr/bin/ksh file1.py /*......????*/ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
7 Replies

8. Linux

How to store count of multiple queries in variables in a shell script?

how to store the count of queries in variables inside a filein shell script my output : filename ------- variable1=result from 1st query variable2=result from 2nd query . . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql queries from UNIX shell script.

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
IBASE_EXECUTE(3)							 1							  IBASE_EXECUTE(3)

ibase_execute - Execute a previously prepared query

SYNOPSIS
resource ibase_execute (resource $query, [mixed $bind_arg], [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Execute a query prepared by ibase_prepare(3). This is a lot more effective than using ibase_query(3) if you are repeating a same kind of query several times with only some parameters changing. PARAMETERS
o $query - An InterBase query prepared by ibase_prepare(3). o $bind_arg - o $... - RETURN VALUES
If the query raises an error, returns FALSE. If it is successful and there is a (possibly empty) result set (such as with a SELECT query), returns a result identifier. If the query was successful and there were no results, returns TRUE. Note This function returns the number of rows affected by the query (if > 0 and applicable to the statement type). A query that suc- ceeded, but did not affect any rows (e.g. an UPDATE of a non-existent record) will return TRUE. EXAMPLES
Example #1 ibase_execute(3) example <?php $dbh = ibase_connect($host, $username, $password); $updates = array( 1 => 'Eric', 5 => 'Filip', 7 => 'Larry' ); $query = ibase_prepare($dbh, "UPDATE FOO SET BAR = ? WHERE BAZ = ?"); foreach ($updates as $baz => $bar) { ibase_execute($query, $bar, $baz); } ?> SEE ALSO
ibase_query(3). PHP Documentation Group IBASE_EXECUTE(3)