Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Proxy Server Linux Networking - VLANs & Multiple IP's Post 302920574 by PCB on Friday 10th of October 2014 06:29:43 AM
Old 10-10-2014
Ok, so those are two valid use cases:

1) Ensure separation of backup network from server traffic
2) Cluster interconnection separation from server traffic (e.g. Oracle RAC etc)

Any others?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking Problems On Linux

HI I JUST INSTALLED LINUX 7.0 ON MY COMPUTER AND IT WIPED OUT THE WHOLE WIN2K SO MY QUESTION IS THAT I CAN'T .....MY NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR DOESN'T WORK (NO INTERNET AT ALL) WHAT SHOULD I DO!... I HAVE A CABLE MODEM IP I USE TO SEARCH THE INTERNET WITH BOTH BROWSER IE AND NETS..NAV.. NOW I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMOTEB
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nescape & dial up networking "Linux"

Sorry I need to Know How to connect to the Internet using Netscape in the GUI of the Red Hat Linux .....using phone line with a modem Us robbitics ....Such as in windows We add dial up adapter etc ......:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

3. Programming

networking aspect of linux

Hi, everybody. I wanted to know the networking aspect of Linux i.e how Linux works using networks. If anyone knows it or the site or book where I can find this topic then please inform me. Thanks a lot for your co-operation. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinnaree
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux networking

hi, we've linux suse version 7 and i've installed linux on the PC's, so could anyone tell me that which files should i change under /etc to be able to Telnet & Ftp to other machine? Rgrds, Nikk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Networking XP with Linux (Vector Linux)

I need help. I have a cable modem. It has an USB out. I didn't want to buy a router. So I hooked my WinXP computer up to the cable modem by USB. I wanted to network my Linux computer to the WinXp computer by the ethernet cards in each. The only problem is, I don't know what I need to know to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfunkle
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking unix & windows

I have very basic question: I have 2 windows sytem & 1 Unix system & wanted to put all three system into one network to each other. what kind of other hardware I need? like cable , router? can anybody tell me the configuration? like how to connect to external hardware to put into network? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar1
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Networking with Hub, & Sol 10 Problem

Unable to Ping network nodes Currently have two Solaris 10 servers connected via a dumb Hub. I'm unable to ping either box but they can ping themselves. I have double checked physical connections and the following files; /etc/hosts - verified that all devices are listed correctly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pham
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Networking & Network Security

Hii i want to make career in networking and i m new in this field could u plz help me what should i do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawan_kumar
2 Replies

9. Linux

Linux networking configuration

I have a question concerning default gateways in RHEL. In Linux, the default gateway does not have to be associated with a specific interface - when you look at your routing table with route -n, your default gateway can be associated with the default route on the last line, and doesn't have to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rojizo
0 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
NDB_CPCD(1)						       MySQL Database System						       NDB_CPCD(1)

NAME
ndb_cpcd - automate testing of NDB (development use only) SYNOPSIS
ndb_cpcd options DESCRIPTION
A utility having this name was formerly part of an internal automated test framework used in testing and debugging MySQL Cluster. It was deprecated in MySQL Cluster NDB 7.0, and removed from MySQL Cluster distributions provided by Oracle beginning with MySQL Cluster NDB 7.2.1. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 NDB_CPCD(1)