Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux nautilus set as default filemanager howto Post 302920536 by penza88 on Friday 10th of October 2014 12:27:00 AM
Old 10-10-2014
Thank you. Smilie

gclub

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cyrillic in Nautilus

Well. Again. I have followed all the instructions in the Russian localization HOWTO and I am able to type in Russian and read it correctly in most programs such as Firefox, email and so on. However in the Nautilus file viewer, I get only ________ marks. I've seen some packages for Russian... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Levenson
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help howto make a script for Set SNOOP run for 5 minutes

Hi all, I want to monitoring my interface every 6 hours where i want to run snoop command to capture all packet through the interface, so i want running snoop then snoop will run for 5 minutes after that snoop stop then will start again after 6 hours than run for 5 minutes again. thereis any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tindasz
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto set string variable in TCL?

Anyone knows how to set variable in TCL ? let say i have a password variable and it will have different values. set variable and variable has different values like: xxxx yyyy zzzz (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Nautilus..launcher!!

Ha!! i am on ubuntu 11.04..i was customizing it the other day!!(applying themes,icons,conky and the likes..)..now i realize that the the "Create launcher..." option you get when you right click on the desktop doesn't create a new launcher!! :(...i checked the global menu under file..only to realize... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slotlocker
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launching Nautilus with a set of files ??

Hello , I am trying to create a layer of file-tagging trough bash scripting and tlc/tk . I have almost everything ready only needs to be able to launch nautilus (the gnome file manager) with a regular expresion; when searching information in internet with "script and nautilus", i only find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nautilus Issue

Good Morning, I have a file in the /.nautilus/thumbnails folder that I am unable to move between two NASs. My script copies it from the Sun machine to a NAS, but the name gets truncated to about 8 characters. The full filename on the Sun SPARC machine is strange:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
1 Replies
CPU_REBOOT(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     CPU_REBOOT(9)

NAME
cpu_reboot -- halt or reboot the system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> void cpu_reboot(int howto, char *bootstr); DESCRIPTION
The cpu_reboot() function handles final system shutdown, and either halts or reboots the system. The exact action to be taken is determined by the flags passed in howto and by whether or not the system has finished autoconfiguration. If the system has finished autoconfiguration, cpu_reboot() does the following: 1. Sets the boothowto system variable (see boothowto(9)) from the howto argument. 2. If this is the first invocation of cpu_reboot() and the RB_NOSYNC flag is not set in howto, syncs and unmounts the system disks by calling vfs_shutdown(9) and sets the time of day clock by calling resettodr(9). 3. Disables interrupts. 4. If rebooting after a crash (i.e., if RB_DUMP is set in howto, but RB_HALT is not), saves a system crash dump. 5. Runs any shutdown hooks by calling pmf_system_shutdown(9). 6. Prints a message indicating that the system is about to be halted or rebooted. 7. If RB_HALT is set in howto, halts the system. Otherwise, reboots the system. If the system has not finished autoconfiguration, cpu_reboot() runs any shutdown hooks by calling pmf_system_shutdown(9), prints a message, and halts the system. If RB_STRING is set in howto, then the parameter bootstr is passed to the system boot loader on some ports. SEE ALSO
boothowto(9), dumpsys(9), pmf_system_shutdown(9), resettodr(9), vfs_shutdown(9) BSD
February 11, 2010 BSD