Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux nautilus set as default filemanager howto Post 302920536 by penza88 on Friday 10th of October 2014 12:27:00 AM
Old 10-10-2014
Thank you. Smilie

gclub

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cyrillic in Nautilus

Well. Again. I have followed all the instructions in the Russian localization HOWTO and I am able to type in Russian and read it correctly in most programs such as Firefox, email and so on. However in the Nautilus file viewer, I get only ________ marks. I've seen some packages for Russian... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Levenson
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help howto make a script for Set SNOOP run for 5 minutes

Hi all, I want to monitoring my interface every 6 hours where i want to run snoop command to capture all packet through the interface, so i want running snoop then snoop will run for 5 minutes after that snoop stop then will start again after 6 hours than run for 5 minutes again. thereis any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tindasz
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto set string variable in TCL?

Anyone knows how to set variable in TCL ? let say i have a password variable and it will have different values. set variable and variable has different values like: xxxx yyyy zzzz (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Nautilus..launcher!!

Ha!! i am on ubuntu 11.04..i was customizing it the other day!!(applying themes,icons,conky and the likes..)..now i realize that the the "Create launcher..." option you get when you right click on the desktop doesn't create a new launcher!! :(...i checked the global menu under file..only to realize... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slotlocker
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launching Nautilus with a set of files ??

Hello , I am trying to create a layer of file-tagging trough bash scripting and tlc/tk . I have almost everything ready only needs to be able to launch nautilus (the gnome file manager) with a regular expresion; when searching information in internet with "script and nautilus", i only find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nautilus Issue

Good Morning, I have a file in the /.nautilus/thumbnails folder that I am unable to move between two NASs. My script copies it from the Sun machine to a NAS, but the name gets truncated to about 8 characters. The full filename on the Sun SPARC machine is strange:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)