Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Routing problem : two interfaces one gateway Post 302920513 by Corona688 on Thursday 9th of October 2014 06:16:43 PM
Old 10-09-2014
I take it you mean you do want to just bridge them all together and not do any routing. Trying could be dangerous, it's not a minor change -- it's effectively ditching the "wan" device and making everything part of "br0". And since this is an embedded device, one slip-up and you've "bricked" it. I wouldn't recommend it.

Why not just plug everything into the LAN ports?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Network interfaces problem

Hi, I have problems with my SCO unix network interfaces. Intel integrated adapter was failing, so I installed new one - 3COM adapter into free PCI slot. Installed driver using SCO Software manager - successfully Added new Network adapter using SCO Network configuration manager - successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

2. SCO

Network interfaces problem

Hi, I have problems with my SCO unix network interfaces. Intel integrated adapter was failing, so I installed new one - 3COM adapter into free PCI slot. Installed driver using SCO Software manager - successfully Added new Network adapter using SCO Network configuration manager - successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

3. Linux

Routing via several interfaces for hosted virtual machines

My setup consists of a hardware node, which hosts several virtual machines (OpenVZ, to be precise). The hardware node has two network interfaces (<ifA>, <ifB>) connected to different subnets (<networkA>, <networkB>). I want to route the traffic of certain VEs over <ifB> while routing the other VEs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies

4. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

5. Debian

/etc/network/interfaces problem

Hello i am configuring a debian lenny sever ,/etc/network/interfaces is modified so that eth1 takes a static IP address then i save it wq! then i restart the networking , /etc/init.d/networking restart . but after reboot ,the file is reset ,note that the interfaces had by defauklt IPv6 address... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn82
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

Problem when I Open my WireShark - No Interfaces Option available

Hi gurus of unix, I haved installed my openSolaris in a HP530, Recently I use the following command beadm destry opensolaris1 beadm destry opensolaris2 After That I reboot my Laptop. Well when I go to my work I try to open my wireshark tool, but the option in GUI interface does not appear!!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Routing problem

Hi, I have two physical interfaces on a servers. We have connected them to differerent subnets. 1) First interface: 10.158.49.87 to newtwork 10.158.49.0, its gateway is 10.158.49.1 (It is added as default gateway) It is existing set up. It works well 2) Second interface: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

8. AIX

Problem with multiple network interfaces

Hi .. we have two AIX 5.3 systems with a small client server app communicating over a TCP socket. Box A has a single network interface where the server app (in Java) opens a well known port and waits for connections from Box B. Box B has two network interfaces, X and Y. Interface X has the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RonBowater
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

Network Interfaces Problem - Monitoring equipment

Dear gurus of Linux / Unix. I have a server, which I use to monitoring traffic, the problem that I find is when I run the following command: probe:~ # sar -n DEV 1 I see that I one second appear info in some interface and in the other second no appear, I don't know what will be the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
ddi_intr_set_mask(9F)													     ddi_intr_set_mask(9F)

NAME
ddi_intr_set_mask, ddi_intr_clr_mask - set or clear mask for a given interrupt SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_intr_set_mask(ddi_intr_handle_t h); int ddi_intr_clr_mask(ddi_intr_handle_t h); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). h DDI interrupt handle The ddi_intr_set_mask() function masks the given interrupt pointed to by the device's interrupt handle h if the device or host bridge sup- ports the masking operation. The ddi_intr_get_cap() function returns the RO flag DDI_INTR_FLAG_MASKABLE if the device or host bridge sup- ports interrupt mask bits for the given interrupt type. In flight interrupts can still be taken and delivered to the driver. The ddi_intr_clr_mask() function unmasks the given interrupt pointed by the device's interrupt handle h if the device or host bridge sup- ports the masking operation. The ddi_intr_get_cap() function returns the RO flag DDI_INTR_FLAG_MASKABLE if the device or host bridge sup- ports interrupt mask bits for the given interrupt type. The mask cannot be cleared directly if the OS implementation has also temporarily masked the interrupt. A call to ddi_intr_clr_mask() must be preceded by a call to ddi_intr_set_mask(). It is not necessary to call ddi_intr_clr_mask() when adding and enabling the interrupt. The system framework will clear any device or host bridge mask bits when the interrupt is initially enabled. The ddi_intr_set_mask() and ddi_intr_clr_mask() functions return: DDI_SUCCESS On success. DDI_EINVAL On encountering invalid input parameters. DDI_FAILURE On any implementation specific failure. DDI_ENOTSUP On device not supporting operation. CONTEXT
The ddi_intr_set_mask() and ddi_intr_clr_mask() functions can be called from any context. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ attributes(5), ddi_intr_block_disable(9F), ddi_intr_block_enable(9F), ddi_intr_disable(9F), ddi_intr_enable(9F), ddi_intr_get_pending(9F) Consumers of these interfaces should verify that the return value is not equal to DDI_SUCCESS. Incomplete checking for failure codes could result in inconsistent behavior among platforms. 22 Apri 2005 ddi_intr_set_mask(9F)