Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash not equal string comparison Post 302920486 by Corona688 on Thursday 9th of October 2014 03:16:42 PM
Old 10-09-2014
Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

(previous thread here)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash shell script string comparison

I want to remove a line that has empty string at second field when I use cut with delimeter , like below $cat demo hello, mum hello, #!/bin/sh while read line do if then # remove the current line command goes here fi done < "demo" i got an error message for above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonosungho
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date comparison in bash

Hi I have this simple script: #!/bin/bash date1=2009:07:15:12:36 date2=2009:07:15:12:16 echo $date1 echo $date2 datediff= #datediff=date1-date2 echo datediff is$datediff How do i return the difference in seconds? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: carp.dk
6 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Date comparison with 'string date having slashes and time zone' in Bash only

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have standard web server log file. It contains different columns (like IP address, request result code, request type etc) including a date column with the format . I have developed a log analysis command line utility that displays... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TariqYousaf
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script verify user input is not empty and is equal to a value

I need to create a script that has a user enter a value. I want to verify that the value is either 1,2, or 3. If it is not then I want them to try entering it again. I am using a while loop to force them to retry. I am able to test the input against 1,2, and 3, but when I test agains an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartiati
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparison using bash

I have a program to create a directory if not present. Here is the program. FYI: Directory name format: YYYY_MM_DD #!/bin/bash date=`date +%Y_%m_%d` presence=$(ls -lrt /TS_File/ | grep "$date" | awk '{print $9}') if then mkdir /TS_File/$date else echo "Unable to Create... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare particular string, if it is equal put into a new file

Hi, I have a file (sample.txt) this file contains below text. ./au ./11.5.0 ./11.5.0/admin ./11.5.0/admin/driver ./po ./11.5.0 ./11.5.0/admin ./11.5.0/admin/driver ./xxsbx/11.5.0/java/src ./xxsbx/11.5.0/lib ./xxsel ./xxsel/11.5.0 ./xxsel/11.5.0/admin ./zfa ./zfa/11.5.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

passing letters from an array into a string for string comparison

attempting the hangman program. This was an optional assignment from the professor. I have completed the logical coding, debugging now. ##I have an array $wordString that initializes to a string of dashes ##reflecting the number of letters in $theWord ##every time the user enters a (valid)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotsofideas
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK splitting a string of equal parts of 500 chars

Hi , can someone help me how to make an AWK code for splitting a string of equal parts of 500 chars in while loop? Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanantonio7777
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string comparison unterminated quoted string andrule of thumb

I have the logic below to look up for matches within the columns between the two files with awk. In the if statement is where the string comparison is attempted with == The issue seems to be with the operands, as 1. when " '${SECTOR}' " -- double quote followed by single quote -- awk matches... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)