Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL Report from UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SQL Report from UNIX Post 302920383 by gull04 on Thursday 9th of October 2014 06:02:46 AM
Old 10-09-2014
Hi,

I am not an SQL person, however I would think that you'll have to use something like expect to manage that as the shell will not understand your SQL commands.

Regards

Dave
This User Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql plus report under unix environment

Hi i am creating a report with file format csv using sql plus commands under unix environment. I am sending this report using mailx command to excel spread sheet. when i opened the report my columns are merged. I need to manually pull each column to see whole column results. Is there any way in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosurya
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to FTP a file from sql report to unix server

Hi All, I have a Sqlplus report which will create a file. I need a FTP Script that will be executed inside the Sqlplus Report to FTP the report output file to unix server. Thanks, Previn (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vprevin
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SQL in Unix

Please tell me how i can use SQL in my unix scripts. Please give examples. I just want to start writing some scripts for my use. Looking for ur cooperation. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohit623
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql through unix.

when we are spooling query o/p to certain txt file,in that file how we can get headers in the query.(through unix shell scripting). for exmple q1="slect * from XXXXXX;"; sqlplus XXX/XXXX@XXXXX spool XXXX.txt $q1 spool off in the text file i want the headers of the query..... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhagya.puccha
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL in Unix

Hi, I would like to access SQL plus from my unix, and learn to run some SQL scripts in Unix. How do i begin. Is there any known website that offers a quick tutorial or tips? Thanks, unxhopeful (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxhopeful
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL PLUS report formatting

Hi I am fetcthing the data from the oracle database using SQLPLUS. Here is my script #!/bin/ksh echo `sqlplus -s <<EOF set feedback off set linesize 5000 set pages 0 set space 0 set echo off set trimspool on set colsep '|' SELECT col1 , col2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class - Create a SQL::Translator schema from a DBIx::Class::Schema instance SYNOPSIS
## Via DBIx::Class use MyApp::Schema; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect("dbi:SQLite:something.db"); $schema->create_ddl_dir(); ## or $schema->deploy(); ## Standalone use MyApp::Schema; use SQL::Translator; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect; my $trans = SQL::Translator->new ( parser => 'SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class', parser_args => { package => $schema, add_fk_index => 0, sources => [qw/ Artist CD /], }, producer => 'SQLite', ) or die SQL::Translator->error; my $out = $trans->translate() or die $trans->error; DESCRIPTION
This class requires SQL::Translator installed to work. "SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class" reads a DBIx::Class schema, interrogates the columns, and stuffs it all in an $sqlt_schema object. Its primary use is in deploying database layouts described as a set of DBIx::Class classes, to a database. To do this, see "deploy" in DBIx::Class::Schema. This can also be achieved by having DBIx::Class export the schema as a set of SQL files ready for import into your database, or passed to other machines that need to have your application installed but don't have SQL::Translator installed. To do this see "create_ddl_dir" in DBIx::Class::Schema. PARSER OPTIONS
add_fk_index Create an index for each foreign key. Enabled by default, as having indexed foreign key columns is normally the sensible thing to do. sources Arguments: @class_names Limit the amount of parsed sources by supplying an explicit list of source names. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, DBIx::Class::Schema AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-10 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)