Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run multiple Queries in a ksh Script? Post 302920329 by JolietJake on Wednesday 8th of October 2014 07:20:10 PM
Old 10-08-2014
How to run multiple Queries in a ksh Script?

How to run multiple Queries in a ksh Script
I have a KSH script that has one SQL Query and generates and emails output of the query in HTML format. I want to change the script so that it has three SQL queries and the last query generates and emails the HTML output page of just that query.
So far I have:

Query 1 - Creates a table by performing a select into into
a table in tempdb

Query 2 - Creates a table by performing a select into into a
table in tempdb

Query 3 - Performs a join between table 1 and table 2 and creates table 3 Then table 3 is queried and and the result is placed in a HTML file and emailed

I know the code below works great In a script I have but this is only one query. I want to use 3 Queries and the result of the third query
is used to generate the html report.

Code:
while IFS=" " read server uid pwd
do
###############    Backup Report Connection and Query    #######################         
`isql  -S$server  -U$uid -P$pwd -D master -s',' -n  -b  -w250 <<EOF >> $txtfile
go
Set nocount on
go
use master
go
select  @@servername,
        ltrim(rtrim(b.DBNAME)),
        ltrim(rtrim(convert(char(3),b.BackupInProgress))), 
        ltrim(rtrim(convert(char(3),b.LastBackupFailed))),
        ltrim(rtrim(b.BackupStartTime)),  
        ltrim(rtrim(b.LastTranLogDumpTime))
from monopendatabases b
go
exit
EOF`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run ksh script from cgi

Hi, I'm developing a system which requires me to run a ksh script from within a cgi script. What sort of syntax will I need to do this, I'm sure it's simple but can't find out how anywhere! Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodges
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple MySql queries in shell script?

Hi guys, i know how to run a single query using mysql embedded in a shell script as follows: `mysql -umyuser -pmypass --host myhost database<<SQL ${query}; quit SQL` However, how would i be able to run several queries within the same connection? The reason for this is i am creating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script through crontab using ksh

hi i have a script called test.sh. the content is ls >> crontest.txt. if i run manually it's giving output.but if i scheduled in crontab it's not giving output. crontab entry: 02 * * * * /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/test.sh >> /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/testfile/logfile 2>&1 I am using ksh.is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store results of multiple sql queries in shell variables in ksh?

Hi, I have a script where I make a sqlplus connection. In the script I have multiple sql queries within that sqlplus connection. I want the result of the queries to be stored in shell variables declared earlier. I dont want to use procedures. Is there anyway else. Thanks in advance.. Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in a backgroun - ksh

i ran the below in ksh... nohup <script> & it is runnign in background. now how do i see if the above command is success... i also need to bring the command to foreground and view the run details. pls advise how to do that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple .py in ksh?

Hi programmers, say I have 4 files : file1.py,file2.py,file3.py,file4.py How do I, on a korn shell, create one file, run_all, that is one file that sequentially calls file1-file4, but only so if they complete w/o errors? Something like: #!/usr/bin/ksh file1.py /*......????*/ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
7 Replies

8. Linux

How to store count of multiple queries in variables in a shell script?

how to store the count of queries in variables inside a filein shell script my output : filename ------- variable1=result from 1st query variable2=result from 2nd query . . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql queries from UNIX shell script.

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)

NAME
WebService::Solr::Query - Abstract query syntax for Solr queries SYNOPSIS
my $query = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar' } ); my $result = $solr->search( $query ); DESCRIPTION
WebService::Solr::Query provides a programmatic way to generate queries to be sent to Solr. Syntax wise, it attempts to be as close to SQL::Abstract WHERE clauses as possible, with obvious exceptions for idioms that do not exist in SQL. Just as values in SQL::Abstract are SQL-escaped, this module does the appropriate Solr-escaping on all values passed to the object (see "escape()"). QUERY SYNTAX
Key-Value Pairs The simplest way to search is with key value pairs. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar' } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar") Implicit AND and OR By default, data received as a HASHREF is AND'ed together. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar', baz => 'quux' } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar" AND baz:"quux") Furthermore, data received as an ARRAYREF is OR'ed together. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ 'bar', 'baz' ] } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar" OR foo:"baz") Nested AND and OR The ability to nest AND and OR boolean operators is essential to express complex queries. The "-and" and "-or" prefixes have been provided for this need. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ -and => { -prohibit => 'bar' }, { -require => 'baz' } ] } ); # RESULT: (((-foo:"bar") AND (+foo:"baz"))) my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ -or => { -require => 'bar' }, { -prohibit => 'baz' } ] } ); # RESULT: (((+foo:"bar") OR (-foo:"baz"))) Default Field To search the default field, use the "-default" prefix. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { -default => 'bar' } ); # RESULT: ("bar") Require/Prohibit my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -require => 'bar' } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:"bar") my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -prohibit => 'bar' } } ); # RESULT: (-foo:"bar") Range There are two types of range queries, inclusive ("-range_inc") and exclusive ("-range_exc"). The "-range" prefix can be used in place of "-range_inc". my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -range => ['a', 'z'] } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:[a TO z]) my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -range_exc => ['a', 'z'] } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:{a TO z}) Boost my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -boost => [ 'bar', '2.0' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar"^2.0) Proximity my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -proximity => [ 'bar baz', 10 ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar baz"~10) Fuzzy my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -fuzzy => [ 'bar', '0.8' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:bar~0.8) Boost my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -boost => [ 'bar', '2.0' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar"^2.0) Literal Queries Specifying a scalar ref as a value in a key-value pair will allow arbitrary queries to be sent across the line. NB: This will bypass any data massaging done on regular strings, thus the onus of properly escaping the data is left to the user. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { '*' => '*' } ) # RESULT (*:*) ACCESSORS
o query - stores the original query structure METHODS
new( \%query ) Creates a new query object with the given hashref. stringify( ) Converts the supplied structure into a Solr/Lucene query. escape( $value ) The following values must be escaped in a search value: + - & | ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : NB: Values sent to "new()" are automatically escaped for you. unescape( $value ) Unescapes values escaped in "escape()". D Debugging constant, default: off. BUILDARGS Moose method to handle input to "new()". SEE ALSO
o WebService::Solr o http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax AUTHORS
Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2012 National Adult Literacy Database This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-24 WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)