Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Proxy Server Need to build a quick FTP server, Advice?? Post 302920310 by Aia on Wednesday 8th of October 2014 04:37:55 PM
Old 10-08-2014
You can judge for yourself the simplicity of it. Here are two links to how implement it:

SFTP plus chroot
VSFTPD using SSL/TLS
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advice to build a cheap Unix machine?

Hello! In my perpetual quest to learn Unix, I want to build a cheap Unix server for my personal use. Do you guys have suggestions of web sites, vendors etc...where I could get info on things such as step-by-step instruction, 2nd hand hardware etc... I would like to go preferably with a HP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

problem after server build...

Hi, I have installed HP-UX 11.31 on a rx6600 box. The installation went fine and was completed without any errors. But wheni connect to the server using ssh, it asks for a username, when i enter it, it doesnt prompt for a password: login:username blank-------- All i could see in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sag71155
1 Replies

3. Web Development

Building LAMP server from scratch (build a server with compiled LAMP from CentOS mini)

Hello everyone, I would like to setup a lamp server from a minimal distro and to compile PHP, MySQL and Apache myself. I have chosen CentOS minimal for the OS and I am trying to build the stack by hand... But well, it appears I need some help! First: I am looking for good and recent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does it takes to Build a Mail Server?

Subject: What does it takes to build a mail server, its just for fun and learning. Am bad at being techinical, so in short, how to create a gmail-like thing? I have a registered domain, and want to setup a mail server. Have a spare laptop that is running Ubuntu 12.04. What I need to know is,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Memberz Name
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to build an install server for Solaris 8?

I need to boot again a server with solaris 8 because I have a problem with the file path_to_install and I have not a CD/DVD driver. So I'd like to build an install server for executing a boot by network. Could I use a server with solaris 10? Many thanks for your suggests Best Regards at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ardgiu70
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Build NFS Server on CentOS

Dear All, I'm using AWS EC2 instance for my application. My application is high disk I/O based and EFS could not be used in my case. So, i need to build my own NFS server on Ec2 instance. I'm looking for High availability solution for my disk which i shared for NFS. Looking for builtin... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bala
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Advice on allocating SAN storage to a virtual database server on VMware

I am relatively new to Linux and we are getting ready to convert our current oracle database servers from the AIX platform to RHEL7 servers on VMWare. I would appreciate any advice on how best to allocate storage to these machines. I plan on using LVM to maintain the disks/filesystems but am... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkmartin
9 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)