Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install + launch java
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Install + launch java Post 302920305 by DGPickett on Wednesday 8th of October 2014 04:22:38 PM
Old 10-08-2014
Is this JAVA system-wide or just under your id?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

License issue on Java install

I'm a AIX novice - please bear with me.. I'm trying to install Java14_64_sdk on an Aix 5.2 server (P690) I've copied the ff files to a separate directory: Java14_64.ext Java14_64.license Java14_64.sdk I then run smitty installp, point to the above directory and choose the Java14_64.sdk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgan_g
0 Replies

2. Solaris

java install sheild

dear all there is any one can help me in a document about java install sheild in solaris (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

3. AIX

Trying to install Java 5

I am not an AIX admin, but the guy that usually is has left and I am now the default person to do this stuff (scary for them). I am trying to install Java 5 on AIX 5.3, and am getting MISSING REQUISITES: The following filesets are required by one or more of the selected filesets listed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirath
5 Replies

4. Debian

How to install Java in Debian Lenny

Hi all im trying to install Java in Debian lenny with apt-get install but can find the packages...anyone can help me on this one? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
2 Replies

5. Debian

Java won't install

I am using VirtualBox if this helps. btw, I am quite new, and have just started using Linux (It is pretty good I guess) So, to use the self extracting binary-file "jre-6u22-linux-i586.bin" for Java so I can play on FICS (Free Internet Chess server) I had to use the consol command "chmod a+x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ClarkN
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10?

What kind of required java type for installed? which address link, i need to download the package. i have zcat this version jdk-7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z and then installed each the packages with pkgadd -d . , but my java version still java full version "1.5.0_24-b02".is it need doanything after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagusman
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Java Install Failure

Hello Everyone, I am trying to install a new version of Java on Solaris 10 but I am unable to install. The server is a SPARC 64bit machine. I downloaded Java SE Runtime Environment 8u101 (jre-8u101-solaris-sparcv9.tar.gz), then changed the directory to /usr/java. Copied the tar.gz... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhiralall
5 Replies

8. Gentoo

Java install

Hi Guys I have installed latest java version 8.0, but now when I use java -version I still get an old version. How do I correct this ? Thanks in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
3 Replies

9. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)

NAME
git-check-attr - Display gitattributes information SYNOPSIS
git check-attr [-a | --all | attr...] [--] pathname... git check-attr --stdin [-z] [-a | --all | attr...] < <list-of-paths> DESCRIPTION
For every pathname, this command will list if each attribute is unspecified, set, or unset as a gitattribute on that pathname. OPTIONS
-a, --all List all attributes that are associated with the specified paths. If this option is used, then unspecified attributes will not be included in the output. --cached Consider .gitattributes in the index only, ignoring the working tree. --stdin Read file names from stdin instead of from the command-line. -z Only meaningful with --stdin; paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -- Interpret all preceding arguments as attributes and all following arguments as path names. If none of --stdin, --all, or -- is used, the first argument will be treated as an attribute and the rest of the arguments as pathnames. OUTPUT
The output is of the form: <path> COLON SP <attribute> COLON SP <info> LF <path> is the path of a file being queried, <attribute> is an attribute being queried and <info> can be either: unspecified when the attribute is not defined for the path. unset when the attribute is defined as false. set when the attribute is defined as true. <value> when a value has been assigned to the attribute. EXAMPLES
In the examples, the following .gitattributes file is used: *.java diff=java -crlf myAttr NoMyAttr.java !myAttr README caveat=unspecified o Listing a single attribute: $ git check-attr diff org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java o Listing multiple attributes for a file: $ git check-attr crlf diff myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: crlf: unset org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing all attributes for a file: $ git check-attr --all -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing an attribute for multiple files: $ git check-attr myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/NoMyAttr.java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set org/example/NoMyAttr.java: myAttr: unspecified o Not all values are equally unambiguous: $ git check-attr caveat README README: caveat: unspecified SEE ALSO
gitattributes(5). GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)