Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Building Linux cluster for mechanical engineering software Post 302920299 by DGPickett on Wednesday 8th of October 2014 03:18:17 PM
Old 10-08-2014
VNC on XWindows platforms creates a local virtual XWindow desktop that supports your choice of window managers, has low latency and can be viewed by a phelora of platform supporting viewers off your client machine of choice. I am using a JAVA viewer, as I lack local admin. The X tcp or unix sockets run inside the host for min laatency (unless you point off-host X clients to it), and a VNC socket connects the viewer. You can run the VNC tcp though an ssh tunnel for security.

Heterogenous clustering requires smarter load balancing and code compatability or porting. Java is portable, compared to C++/g++, which produces code specific to the CPU and O/S, but still is very widely available to compile locally compatible code.

VM makes sense. In practice, very few modern systems page much, and it makes the environment that much more robust. It can support huge sparse matrixes in an mmap()'d space, key to many problems.

Going highly parallel on cpu and ram suggest that net and file access will become bottlenecks, so yes, you need to put lots of work into making them as parallel as possible, too. Network fabric needs to be many path switches and high bandwidth. If you go fiber with either, remember that with its higher speeds comes higher latency, so problems may need to be structured to avoid that. Net and file have been becoming the same problem, as more and more file is remote from the host.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

building and running a software in different linux kernel versions

my Querry is if i build a software on a specific linux kernel and then try to run it on another linux kernel ....what can be the possible problems or what errors can most probably appear while running the binary in an updated version of linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Building a Linux Virtual Server cluster

Hi Guys, I'm busy building a LVS-NAT cluster on Red-Hat server 5.1 and I need a kernel that has LVS capabilities for a red-hat server 5.1. Is the anyone who can advise me where I can get this kernel. I have already visited the following site Ultra Monkey: and this has old kernels e.g. 2.4.20... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Duke
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Free Cluster software with Red Hat Linux 5.0

Hi, I would like to know wheather any free cluster software is coming with Red Hat Ent Linux Medias? or needs to be purchased seperately. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)