Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy log based on from-date and to-date Post 302920209 by AbhiJ on Wednesday 8th of October 2014 05:19:39 AM
Old 10-08-2014
Copy log based on from-date and to-date

Hi all,

i go a customer support requirement where i need to scan several files based on from/to date like 1-oct to 2-oct please help...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a log file based on date/time input and the date/time on the log file

Hi, I'm trying to accomplish the following and would like some suggestions or possible bash script examples that may work I have a directory that has a list of log files that's periodically dumped from a script that is crontab that are rotated 4 generations. There will be a time stamp that is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primp
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on modification date

How to copy files from a location to a directory <YYMM> based on last modification date? This will need to run daily. I want to copy those file for May to 0905 and Jun to 0906. Appreciate your guidance.:) Thanks. -rw-rw-rw- 1 ttusr tgrp 4514 May 29 21:49 AB24279J.lot_a... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on last created date

Hi, I have a requirement to copy files from a windows network drive to a Linux server using shell script based on the last created date. Ex: FileName CreatedDate/Time F1 05-01-2012 3:00 PM F2 05-01-2012 3:15 PM F3 05-01-2012 2:00 PM When i run the shell script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lee_10
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy files based on todays date and search for a particular string

Hi All, I am new to shell srcipting. Problem : I need to write a script which copy the log files from /prod/logs directory based on todays date like (Jul 17) and place it to /home/hzjnr0 directory and then search the copied logfiles for the string "@ending successfully on Thu Jul 17". If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail.chiranjit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine Date,TotalFile,total size of file based on date

I have file listed like below -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 26 14:43 test1.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 26 14:44 test2.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 27 10:41 test3.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 244K Nov 27 10:41 test4.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 27 10:41 test5.gz I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy creation date over top of modified date?

Can someone draw up a script that for every file, folder and subfolder and files that will copy the creation date over top of the modified date?? I know how to touch every file recursively, but no idea how to read a files creation date then use that to touch the modification date of that file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toysareforboys
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team, I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code i tried the code as: #! /usr/bin/sh find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)							 1						    DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)

DateTime::setISODate - Sets the ISO date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setISODate (int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_isodate_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) Set a date according to the ISO 8601 standard - using weeks and day offsets rather than specific dates. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $week - Week of the date. o $day - Offset from the first day of the week. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setISODate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2, 7); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above examples will output: 2008-01-07 2008-01-13 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 8); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 53, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2008-01-13 2008-01-14 2009-01-04 Example #3 Finding the month a week is in <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 14); echo $date->format('n'); ?> The above examples will output: 3 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)