Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Need to use UNIX to access a file from "the cloud" Post 302920112 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 7th of October 2014 10:45:15 AM
Old 10-07-2014
Different cloud providers permit different access methods. so they should tell you what you can do (eg, http, ftp or whatever).

All Unix/Linux boxes can be configured as an ftp client and many others will provide a browser for http access (especially the GUI ones).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Cannot access "some" network file

Anyone know about this problem or not? I have mount one network drive from Sun Solaris 5.8 to Fedora Core 2. At Fedora, Some time, i try to list file in that mounted directory and found some strange problem. the result showed as below drwxrwxrwx 17 user staff 512 Apr2008 draco1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thada_ssknt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PAM_FTP(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual							PAM_FTP(8)

NAME
pam_ftp - PAM module for anonymous access module SYNOPSIS
pam_ftp.so [debug] [ignore] [users=XXX,YYY,...] DESCRIPTION
pam_ftp is a PAM module which provides a pluggable anonymous ftp mode of access. This module intercepts the user's name and password. If the name is ftp or anonymous, the user's password is broken up at the @ delimiter into a PAM_RUSER and a PAM_RHOST part; these pam-items being set accordingly. The username (PAM_USER) is set to ftp. In this case the module succeeds. Alternatively, the module sets the PAM_AUTHTOK item with the entered password and fails. This module is not safe and easily spoofable. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. ignore Pay no attention to the email address of the user (if supplied). ftp=XXX,YYY,... Instead of ftp or anonymous, provide anonymous login to the comma separated list of users: XXX,YYY,.... Should the applicant enter one of these usernames the returned username is set to the first in the list: XXX. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The authentication was successful. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/ftpd to handle ftp style anonymous login: # # ftpd; add ftp-specifics. These lines enable anonymous ftp over # standard UN*X access (the listfile entry blocks access to # users listed in /etc/ftpusers) # auth sufficient pam_ftp.so auth required pam_unix.so use_first_pass auth required pam_listfile.so onerr=succeed item=user sense=deny file=/etc/ftpusers SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_ftp was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_FTP(8)