Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arguments in usage statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arguments in usage statement Post 302920085 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 7th of October 2014 05:57:14 AM
Old 10-07-2014
Its upto you, you can print something like this
Code:
Usage: create_sql -f <filename> -a <add client> --[pto/pto_list] <filename> --sim

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement - how can I do 2 arguments?

I am new to shell, and I am trying to do a if statement like the following: if ; then basically it works fine if both arguments of the if are met, however the next elif is: elif ; then if the conditions of the elif are met, then it says "final1.sh: line 67: [: too many arguments" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darklight
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of case statement in place of IF elif...

Hi, I need to carry out the back up of the data if exists...(file size not equal to zero) i tried in this way but it is not successful....where am making the mistakes? and if possible can i use case syntax in place of "if" #!/bin/ksh filename=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d` ZERO=0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage: optional and mandatory arguments

I have an awk script which can be used in the following ways: xi and xf will only be mandatory when processing the file fin.zc. awk -v xi=0/-0.5 -v xf=80/30 -f ./zc2cmd.awk fin.zc > fout.cmod awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk -u awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk --usg awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk -e awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement for different cmd arguments

Hello friends, I have a boubt passing different arguments at a time for any one option in below code. I would also like to check which option has been selected (any one of i, r, u ) so that whether or not matching argument passed can be verified. for i and r - install and re-install -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pd2
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating printf statement using user arguments

I am writing a script in bash and want to perform the operation I check number of arguments and make a print statement with the passes arguments If I pass 3 arguments I will do printf "$frmt" "$1" "$2" "$3"If I have 4 arguments I do printf "$frmt" "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4"etc (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

8. Programming

Passing arguments from command line to switch case statement in C

Hi Am pretty new to C.. Am trying to pass the arguments from command line and use them in switch case statement.. i have tried the following #include <stdlib.h> main(int argc, char* argv) { int num=0; if ( argc == 2 ) num = argv; printf("%d is the num value",num); switch ( num ) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps -ef|grep <processname> usage in IF statement

Hi, Am working in a filenet domain where we are using AIX as our terminal to run the jobs and schedule the shell scripts to run . In my previous post regarding the "Log modification with finding errors" ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement arguments

I'm stuck on a particular problem and need some guidance. I have a file with a name and a phone number in it (teledir.txt). I need to do a $# in a separate script to take a positional parameter and check to see if it is in the file. To quote the question: If one argument is supplied, check... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)