Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help figuring out how to create sharable functions in Perl Post 302920007 by gandolf989 on Monday 6th of October 2014 09:36:55 AM
Old 10-06-2014
Awesome, I will read those fine manuals. This one looks particularly interesting.

"How to create a Perl Module for code reuse?"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Figuring out Crons

Hello, I've built a news site using SimplePie to pull in a set of feeds and display them on a page. The caching is working but the problem is that the first initial load is slow. After that, you can hit refresh and it loads very quickly. I'd like to eliminate that first slow load by creating a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightgames
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl functions and arrays

Hi, First I will tell my objective of this function (function one). I have a table for ex: id passwd name -- ------ ----- 1 fdhgfs werwer 2 fsdfs sdfsdf 3 sdfs sdfsdf 4 fdsfs dssdf . . . . . . The id, passwd and name are the arguments for another function say two. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mercuryshipzz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problems figuring out dns

Im on an OS X 10.4 Mac server running bind 9.3, I just replaced the entire network with cisco hardware, all machines including servers now have private ip addresses that t he firewall resolves. I need to have a dns that works for both internal and external connections. any help would be great! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbredthauer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - passing hash references to functions

hi there I have the following script in which i have created a PrintHash() function. I want to pass to this function the reference to a hash (in the final code i will be passing different hashes to this print function hence the need for a function). I am getting an error Type of arg 1 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to find where functions is called in c

Hello, I need to write a perl script to find where functions is called in c files.. The script should scan the file and find out the function names and then search to see where they are called... Lets for now assume all functions are internal. I don't know where to start :( ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bojomojo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

figuring out wildcards

I'm trying to delete everything between ( and ) in a line, ie: ( start xxxx, end xxx ). there is uppercase, lowercase and numbers in the parans. and are of varied length. I tried this: sed 's/()//' infile > outfileI'm not understanding the wildcard use in brackets (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

figuring out an awk one liner

I have googled around a bit and could not find an answer to how this works: echo $STRING | awk '$0=$NF' FS= I know what each part is doing. The record is being set to equal the last field and the field separator is being set to null so that each character is considered a field. Why can FS= be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benalt
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: How to load some functions automaticaly, starting Perl inteructively (with -d -e 0)?

I would like to use Perl in 'interactive' mode (kind off), starting it by > perl -d -e 0; But I need to have some function be read on loading. Also, it should not be for anyone who starting Perl or use it any how. I did try to search, but not much result. I have try a file '.perldb':... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies

10. Debian

Need help figuring out how to use my Debian Partitions

Greetings, I've installed my Debian Server over 4 months ago, I didn't quite understand what the paritions were for, but the server provider made my partitions. Anyway I was putting most of my files in /gserver and it ran otu of space quickly when in the store page it says 2tb I barely used 18gb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debianguy4
2 Replies
Module::Pluggable::Object(3perl)			 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			  Module::Pluggable::Object(3perl)

NAME
Module::Pluggable::Object - automatically give your module the ability to have plugins SYNOPSIS
Simple use Module::Pluggable - package MyClass; use Module::Pluggable::Object; my $finder = Module::Pluggable::Object->new(%opts); print "My plugins are: ".join(", ", $finder->plugins)." "; DESCRIPTION
Provides a simple but, hopefully, extensible way of having 'plugins' for your module. Obviously this isn't going to be the be all and end all of solutions but it works for me. Essentially all it does is export a method into your namespace that looks through a search path for .pm files and turn those into class names. Optionally it instantiates those classes for you. This object is wrapped by "Module::Pluggable". If you want to do something odd or add non-general special features you're probably best to wrap this and produce your own subclass. OPTIONS
See the "Module::Pluggable" docs. AUTHOR
Simon Wistow <simon@thegestalt.org> COPYING
Copyright, 2006 Simon Wistow Distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
Module::Pluggable perl v5.14.2 2010-12-30 Module::Pluggable::Object(3perl)