Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue Post 302919606 by guy3145 on Thursday 2nd of October 2014 01:44:34 PM
Old 10-02-2014
RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi

i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability.
my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site.
when im running the command: yum update bash
im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture...

what am i doing wrong? is the default FTP site for update does not contain the new bash? what mirror site address do i need to update?

Thanks
Guy
RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue-bashpng

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

telnet in Redhat 5 update 3

how to restart the telnet daemon in Redhat 5 Update 3. I am not able to find the path /etc/init.d/xinetd restart /etc/init.d/inetd restart (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Redhat Linux AS2.1 update 6

Hi, Please help to find Redhat Linux AS2.1 update 6 iso file. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luyan10
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Redhat update

Hi Friends, I am very new to the redhat subscription. So that i am having lot of doubts. Please help me. 1. As per my understandings we need to register and pay for each rhel server to get update and support from redhat. Can we have a local yum repository where we can download the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Python 2.6 on redhat 5 (update 8)

Hi, I would like to know wheather it is possible to install python 2.6 on RedHat Ent Linux 5 (update8) using rpms? I have checked by default Python 2.4 is installed. or wheather Redhat 6.0 needs to be installed for python 2.6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application ``up to date'' by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. SEE ALSO
after(n), bgerror(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)