Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove ^L from csv not working... Post 302919592 by rhel65 on Thursday 2nd of October 2014 11:02:16 AM
Old 10-02-2014
All the suggestion works.. Thanks you so much...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed csv remove conditionally

Hello, I have many csv file, but I would like to delete lines with some values in a column conditionally. My example look like this, ex1e, ex2g, ex39, pasg, ssg, mrlc, pc, kb, coop -112, -53, -177, 64, 62, 71, 1, 487, 20 -101, -61, -53, 0, 32767, 51, 0, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jae
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text from a csv file using sed

I am trying to remove the ita from this file: "1234ita","john","smith" "56789ita","jim","thomas" the command i am using is: sed '/^ita/d' infile.csv > outfile.csv it is running but doing nothing, very rarely use sed so trying to learn it any help would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove Blank rows in a csv file

Hi, I need help to remove blank rows at the end of file. Sample data: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 "Tønsberg, Brygga Kino SF",Tønsberg,202-1,Tønsberg SF 4,202-1-4 ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, Expected data: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 "Tønsberg, Brygga... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove line break in a csv file

Hi Experts, My requirement is to read the csv file and need to remove if any line break in it. sample data: Row1: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 Row2:"Tønsberg, Brygga Kino SF",Tønsberg,202-1, Tønsberg SF 4,202-1-4 Expected data: Row1: "Oslo, Symra... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove some value in CSV file

Hi All A .csv file containing multiple value on it. i need to remove some value from it. Please advise how can i find multiple value from that and remove itself. Please provide solution for this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash1978
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ShellScript to Remove Newline in ouput.csv

Hi friends, I am running one SQL though .sh file and in output I am seeing newline whevnever There is a new line in column. I WANT TO REMOVE NEWLINE IN OUTPUT FILE. Present out put in Column: ------------------------- Hi How Are You. Required output in Column: ------------- Hi How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmsachin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg - Working on a CSV File in a script

Dear All, I have 2 CSV files and want to create a new CSV based on a common value in both of the CSV file. ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Client 1 XXXXX Server A Client 2 XXXXX Server B Client 3 XXXXX Server C 2nd CSV file ColumnA CloumnB Server A value... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove space and delimit a csv file?

Hi All , I am facing a small challenge i need unix command to remove space as well as replace "|" to "," in a csv file . original file : A | B | c | D E | F | G | H I | J | K | L P | M | N | O Expected o/p: A,B,c,D E,F,G,H I,J,K,L P,M,N,O (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sweety532
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to remove a column from a CSV

I found that the following works to remove the first column in my file when my CSV is delimited with a simple comma: sed -i 's/*,//' file.csv However, I have a new file where the fields are encapsulated with double quotes - general example of file: "Internal ID", "External ID", "Name"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lojkyelo
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file?

how to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file Input file format "Server1","server-PRI-Windows","PRI-VC01","Microsoft Windows Server 2012, (64-bit)","Powered On","1,696.12","server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R013,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R031,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R023"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)