Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove ^L from csv not working... Post 302919544 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 2nd of October 2014 01:01:11 AM
Old 10-02-2014
Or use:
Code:
tr -d '\f' < file > newfile

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed csv remove conditionally

Hello, I have many csv file, but I would like to delete lines with some values in a column conditionally. My example look like this, ex1e, ex2g, ex39, pasg, ssg, mrlc, pc, kb, coop -112, -53, -177, 64, 62, 71, 1, 487, 20 -101, -61, -53, 0, 32767, 51, 0, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jae
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text from a csv file using sed

I am trying to remove the ita from this file: "1234ita","john","smith" "56789ita","jim","thomas" the command i am using is: sed '/^ita/d' infile.csv > outfile.csv it is running but doing nothing, very rarely use sed so trying to learn it any help would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove Blank rows in a csv file

Hi, I need help to remove blank rows at the end of file. Sample data: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 "Tønsberg, Brygga Kino SF",Tønsberg,202-1,Tønsberg SF 4,202-1-4 ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, Expected data: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 "Tønsberg, Brygga... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove line break in a csv file

Hi Experts, My requirement is to read the csv file and need to remove if any line break in it. sample data: Row1: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 Row2:"Tønsberg, Brygga Kino SF",Tønsberg,202-1, Tønsberg SF 4,202-1-4 Expected data: Row1: "Oslo, Symra... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove some value in CSV file

Hi All A .csv file containing multiple value on it. i need to remove some value from it. Please advise how can i find multiple value from that and remove itself. Please provide solution for this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash1978
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ShellScript to Remove Newline in ouput.csv

Hi friends, I am running one SQL though .sh file and in output I am seeing newline whevnever There is a new line in column. I WANT TO REMOVE NEWLINE IN OUTPUT FILE. Present out put in Column: ------------------------- Hi How Are You. Required output in Column: ------------- Hi How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmsachin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg - Working on a CSV File in a script

Dear All, I have 2 CSV files and want to create a new CSV based on a common value in both of the CSV file. ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Client 1 XXXXX Server A Client 2 XXXXX Server B Client 3 XXXXX Server C 2nd CSV file ColumnA CloumnB Server A value... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove space and delimit a csv file?

Hi All , I am facing a small challenge i need unix command to remove space as well as replace "|" to "," in a csv file . original file : A | B | c | D E | F | G | H I | J | K | L P | M | N | O Expected o/p: A,B,c,D E,F,G,H I,J,K,L P,M,N,O (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sweety532
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to remove a column from a CSV

I found that the following works to remove the first column in my file when my CSV is delimited with a simple comma: sed -i 's/*,//' file.csv However, I have a new file where the fields are encapsulated with double quotes - general example of file: "Internal ID", "External ID", "Name"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lojkyelo
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file?

how to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file Input file format "Server1","server-PRI-Windows","PRI-VC01","Microsoft Windows Server 2012, (64-bit)","Powered On","1,696.12","server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R013,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R031,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R023"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Simple(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Simple(3pm)

NAME
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Simple - A simple interface to Excel data SYNOPSIS
my $xls = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Simple->read('spreadsheet.xls'); foreach my $sheet ($xls->sheets) { while ($sheet->has_data) { my @data = $sheet->next_row; } } DESCRIPTION
This provides an abstraction to the Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module for simple reading of values. You simply loop over the sheets, and fetch rows to arrays. For anything more complex, you probably want to use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel directly. BOOK METHODS
read my $xls = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Simple->read('spreadsheet.xls'); This opens the spreadsheet specified for you. Returns undef if we cannot read the book. sheets @sheets = $xls->sheets; Each spreadsheet can contain one or more worksheets. This fetches them all back. You can then iterate over them, or jump straight to the one you wish to play with. book my $book = $xls->book; The Spreadsheet::ParseExcel object we are working with. You can use this if you need to manipulate it in ways that this interface doesn't allow. SHEET METHODS
These methods can be called on each sheet returned from $xls->sheets: has_data if ($sheet->has_data) { ... } This lets us know if there are more rows in this sheet that we haven't read yet. This allows us to differentiate between an empty row, and the end of the sheet. next_row my @data = $sheet->next_row; Fetch the next row of data back. sheet my $obj = $sheet->sheet; The underlying Spreadsheet::ParseExcel object for the worksheet. You can use this if you need to manipulate it in ways that this interface doesn't allow (e.g. asking it for the sheet's name). AUTHOR
Tony Bowden BUGS and QUERIES Please direct all correspondence regarding this module to: bug-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-Simple@rt.cpan.org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2001-2005 Tony Bowden. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-12 Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Simple(3pm)