Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash - array loop performance Post 302919518 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 1st of October 2014 04:55:06 PM
Old 10-01-2014
Firstly there are already a lot of utilities the encrypt and decrypt files in unix I'd sugget using one of these if you can.

If you must roll you own for all means develop a prototype in shell script, but once it's working I'd suggest converting to C for the final performance version.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem access array outside of loop in bash

Below is a test script I was trying to use so that I could understand why the logic was not working in a larger script. While accessing and printing array data inside the while loop, everything is fine. Outside the loop, i guess everything is null?? The for loop that is meant to cycle... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adlmostwanted
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to test RAID10 array performance [Debian Wheezy]?

I have created a RAID10 array (near layout) with four 8 GiB virtual hard drives, making a 16 GiB array (/dev/md0 formatted as ext4). On the other hand, I have a 16 GiB RAID1 array (/dev/md1, also formatted as ext4). The purpose of these setups is to compare the read and write performances of each... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash array variables are changed in loop runtime

I am trying to check whether particular host and port are responding or not. I am using below script to check. but node_port array that i am using in loop is getting replaced with previous iteration value. Script and output is given. Please help me to understanding why node_port values are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Array connectin to another Array

Hello, i have a script that i need account_number to match a name. for exsample : ACCOUNT_ID=(IatHG8DC7mZbdymSoOr11w KbnlG2j-KRQ0-1_Xk356s8) and i run a loop curl requst with this the issue is that i want to know on which account were talking about so bash will know this : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash for loop array

Hi there, A bit new to bash and am having an issue with a for loop. I look for filenames in a specified directory and pull the date string from each meeting a certain criteria, and then would like to make a directory for each date found, like this: search 20180101.gz 20180102.gz 20180103.gz... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwheeler12
5 Replies
PKI --PKCS7(1)							    strongSwan							    PKI --PKCS7(1)

NAME
pki --pkcs7 - Provides PKCS#7 wrap/unwrap functions SYNOPSIS
pki --pkcs7 --sign|--verify|--encrypt|--decrypt|--show [--in file] [--cert file] [--key file] [--debug level] pki --pkcs7 --options file pki --pkcs7 -h | --help DESCRIPTION
This sub-command of pki(1) provides functions to wrap/unwrap PKCS#7 containers. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print usage information with a summary of the available options. -v, --debug level Set debug level, default: 1. -+, --options file Read command line options from file. -s, --sign Create PKCS#7 signed-data. -u, --verify Verify PKCS#7 signed-data. -e, --encrypt Create PKCS#7 enveloped-data. -e, --decrypt Decrypt PKCS#7 enveloped-data. -p, --show Show information about PKCS#7 container, list certificates. -i, --in file PKCS#7 input file. If not given the input is read from STDIN. -k, --key file Private key used for --sign and --decrypt. -c, --cert file Certificate for --sign, --verify and --encrypt. Can be used multiple times. SEE ALSO
pki(1) 5.1.1 2013-07-31 PKI --PKCS7(1)