Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to complete all fields of template Post 302919508 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 1st of October 2014 03:56:41 PM
Old 10-01-2014
It is doable in pure bash and in awk.
Your attached files are in WinDOS format where awk provides an easy conversion.
Code:
awk -F\; '
{
# WinDOS to Unix
  sub("\r$","")
}
function printout() {
# assemble the line in the correct sequence
  line=nr
  for (i=0; (i in out); i++) line=line out[i]
  print line
}
($3!=nr) {
  if (NR>1) printout()
  nr=$3
}
{
# cut the first three fields
  i=$2
  sub("[^;]*;[^;]*;[^;]*","")
  out[i]=$0
}
END {
  if (NR>0) printout()
} 
' imput.txt

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script does not complete

I am new to Expect and need an expect script to expect data from a telnet session and respond with options as written in the script. There is no human input required. Problem is it gets to a point in the script and will just end. I have tried adjusting 'set timeout' and still does not help. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NQReady
0 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Zabbix Template and PERL Script for Monitoring Apache2

Hello, Kindly find attached a copy of the Zabbix template and PERL script we are using to monitor our Apache2 server. Here are the entries for zabbix_agentd.conf UserParameter=apache2.total_accesses,/etc/zabbix/zabbix_apache2.pl|cut -f1 -d":"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script template for inputting filenames and print results

Hi, Hope you are all well. New to scripting, and all those characters are all a new language for me. Though hoping to get my little head round it all sooner or later. I was wondering whether anyone could help with a script template example. What I would like to happen is to run the script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: loky27
8 Replies

5. Programming

Perl script to create latex template.

Hi, I have XML file and I extracted some tags and stored in hash, my data as look like this $var1={ 'stud.xml'={ '24'=>'<address> <streetname="xxxx"/> <housenum="138"/"> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create EVIM template with SAS extension

I write lots of SAS programs and would like to create a script that allows me to have a template each time I create a new program file. Specs: I use EVIM for my editor. I run SAS in batch mode. We use RedHat 6. I don't use c shell. I want a script that will do the following: >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: starbecks
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tip: template for a safe and portable script

In an attempt to finally end this article I start this new thread. Here is a template for a safe and portable script. #!/bin/bash # /bin/bash exists on most still supported Unixes # # tr and date behave better with if ; then export LC_ALL=C; else export LANG=C; fi # # Unix optional packages... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
2 Replies