Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove newline, tab, spaces in curly braces.. :( Pls Help? Post 302919418 by NY_777 on Wednesday 1st of October 2014 06:36:44 AM
Old 10-01-2014
Thank you again for a so quick reply Mr. Cargun.

The solution given is not working as expected. For the better clarity, I am attaching the input and the desire output.

Please go through them once. Thank you so much.

regards,
NY

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of curly braces with variables

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.I have worked somewhat with Perl though. I am not able to find what the second line does and how does it do. <code> FP_RUNNING=`service filepool status` FP_RUNNING=${FP_RUNNING%% *} <\code> After the first line,the variable FP_RUNNING stores '1 FilePool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinavsinha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curly braces assigned to variables

Hi, Im pretty new to Unix. I came across a script which was using PLSQL inside a script and there was an unusual thing mentioned. there was a variable assigned as P_CUR=${1} and one more as V_TAGFILE="$1" Couldnt find the difference. Also the variables were used in PLSQL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: njks68
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -regex not recognizing curly braces

Must be a bug or something. Whether I escape them or not, it will not work. No matter what I set the minimum and maximum to nothing gets caught. For instance: find / -regex "/.{0, 50}.*" -maxdepth 1 or find / -regex "/.\{0, 50\}.*" -maxdepth 1 should pretty much catch everything residing within... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in windows does not parse curly braces

Hi everyone: I'm stuck at this point, could you guys please give me some hints about what I am doing wrong in the following script, I'm using sed for windows: sed ^"$ {^ a^ STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE^ BEGIN^ #define CLIENT_MODULE, "%CLIENT_MODULE%"^ #define CLIENT_ID, "%CLIENT_ID%"^... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar --exclude with curly braces

I'm having trouble understanding the exclude option in tar. From some web sites, it seems one is able to exclude several strings by enclosing them in curly brackets. However it seems to be "random" what gets excluded when using the curlies. I've been using the exclude-from=myfile option in a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: majest
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I pull the value between curly braces?

Hi everyone, I've got a file that looks like this: uid{508}pid{22224}pname{/PPROGRAM/pprgramx -profile:LIVE -serv:as ... I want to pull the value of pid between the curly braces, or 22224 in this example. pid is always the second pair of curly braces, but the length of the number is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

** EMERGENCY ** Having trouble with curly braces.. :( Pls Help

Hi Everyone, in the below "xyz (Exception e)" part... after the curly braces, there is a new line and immediately few tabs are present before closing curly brace. xyz (Exception e) { } note: there can be one or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NY_777
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curly braces in sed

Hi, I have below command in one of the script. Can you please let me know what does the curly braces do over here \{1,\}. The remaining part of the code atleast I am able to understand. sed -n 's/.*\-\()\{1,\}\)\-.*/\1/p' (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

When curly braces needed?

Hello, i was trying to find get a command to list duplicated files so i tried ls dir1 dir2 | awk '{x++}' and it didnt work. After a bit of searching online i found that it works without the curly braces ls dir1 dir2 | awk 'x++' I thought the curly braces were needed in awk so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy391791
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check string end with curly braces

file.txt apple apples{ applepicture apple9 apple cake{ abple apple_and_cake appleapple apple apple( and my script while read line; do if ]; then echo "$line" fi done <file.txt read (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmdcmd
10 Replies
CGTSVX(l)								 )								 CGTSVX(l)

NAME
CGTSVX - use the LU factorization to compute the solution to a complex system of linear equations A * X = B, A**T * X = B, or A**H * X = B, SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CGTSVX( FACT, TRANS, N, NRHS, DL, D, DU, DLF, DF, DUF, DU2, IPIV, B, LDB, X, LDX, RCOND, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER FACT, TRANS INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS REAL RCOND INTEGER IPIV( * ) REAL BERR( * ), FERR( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX B( LDB, * ), D( * ), DF( * ), DL( * ), DLF( * ), DU( * ), DU2( * ), DUF( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
CGTSVX uses the LU factorization to compute the solution to a complex system of linear equations A * X = B, A**T * X = B, or A**H * X = B, where A is a tridiagonal matrix of order N and X and B are N-by-NRHS matrices. Error bounds on the solution and a condition estimate are also provided. DESCRIPTION
The following steps are performed: 1. If FACT = 'N', the LU decomposition is used to factor the matrix A as A = L * U, where L is a product of permutation and unit lower bidiagonal matrices and U is upper triangular with nonzeros in only the main diagonal and first two superdiagonals. 2. If some U(i,i)=0, so that U is exactly singular, then the routine returns with INFO = i. Otherwise, the factored form of A is used to estimate the condition number of the matrix A. If the reciprocal of the condition number is less than machine precision, INFO = N+1 is returned as a warning, but the routine still goes on to solve for X and compute error bounds as described below. 3. The system of equations is solved for X using the factored form of A. 4. Iterative refinement is applied to improve the computed solution matrix and calculate error bounds and backward error estimates for it. ARGUMENTS
FACT (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether or not the factored form of A has been supplied on entry. = 'F': DLF, DF, DUF, DU2, and IPIV contain the fac- tored form of A; DL, D, DU, DLF, DF, DUF, DU2 and IPIV will not be modified. = 'N': The matrix will be copied to DLF, DF, and DUF and factored. TRANS (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies the form of the system of equations: = 'N': A * X = B (No transpose) = 'T': A**T * X = B (Transpose) = 'C': A**H * X = B (Conjugate transpose) N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. DL (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of A. D (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of A. DU (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) superdiagonal elements of A. DLF (input or output) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) If FACT = 'F', then DLF is an input argument and on entry contains the (n-1) multipliers that define the matrix L from the LU fac- torization of A as computed by CGTTRF. If FACT = 'N', then DLF is an output argument and on exit contains the (n-1) multipliers that define the matrix L from the LU fac- torization of A. DF (input or output) COMPLEX array, dimension (N) If FACT = 'F', then DF is an input argument and on entry contains the n diagonal elements of the upper triangular matrix U from the LU factorization of A. If FACT = 'N', then DF is an output argument and on exit contains the n diagonal elements of the upper triangular matrix U from the LU factorization of A. DUF (input or output) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) If FACT = 'F', then DUF is an input argument and on entry contains the (n-1) elements of the first superdiagonal of U. If FACT = 'N', then DUF is an output argument and on exit contains the (n-1) elements of the first superdiagonal of U. DU2 (input or output) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-2) If FACT = 'F', then DU2 is an input argument and on entry contains the (n-2) elements of the second superdiagonal of U. If FACT = 'N', then DU2 is an output argument and on exit contains the (n-2) elements of the second superdiagonal of U. IPIV (input or output) INTEGER array, dimension (N) If FACT = 'F', then IPIV is an input argument and on entry contains the pivot indices from the LU factorization of A as computed by CGTTRF. If FACT = 'N', then IPIV is an output argument and on exit contains the pivot indices from the LU factorization of A; row i of the matrix was interchanged with row IPIV(i). IPIV(i) will always be either i or i+1; IPIV(i) = i indicates a row interchange was not required. B (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The N-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) If INFO = 0 or INFO = N+1, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). RCOND (output) REAL The estimate of the reciprocal condition number of the matrix A. If RCOND is less than the machine precision (in particular, if RCOND = 0), the matrix is singular to working precision. This condition is indicated by a return code of INFO > 0. FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) COMPLEX array, dimension (2*N) RWORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, and i is <= N: U(i,i) is exactly zero. The factorization has not been completed unless i = N, but the factor U is exactly singular, so the solution and error bounds could not be computed. RCOND = 0 is returned. = N+1: U is nonsingular, but RCOND is less than machine precision, meaning that the matrix is singular to working precision. Nevertheless, the solution and error bounds are computed because there are a number of situations where the computed solution can be more accurate than the value of RCOND would suggest. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CGTSVX(l)