Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue catching/reading 2 digits and 3 letter string between brackets Post 302919357 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 30th of September 2014 05:42:34 PM
Old 09-30-2014
You could also use IFS to get read to parse the line:

Code:
IFS=' :()'
eval "$cmd"| while read strs map id lang ignore kind other
do
   printf "%s\t" "$id" "$lang" "$kind"
   printf "\n"
done
IFS=$OIFS

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get only two letter from any string

I want get middle two latter of any string. Input: var="070108" output: var1="01" please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitution of string in brackets

Hi friends! I have a tab delimited file with two columns : GB_45_DRB SP:0139466(mrmi sisignm)|SP:3674(fllflg_itoioh)|SP:68954779(RMTKLGF to emmdm-roomto) GB_45_DRD SP:475928(mgmdksi rikgkg)|SP:587959(roykgl tiic-tm)|SP:0139466(mrmi sisignm)|SP:3674(fllflg_itoioh)|SP:68954779(RMTKLGF to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacks
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dead.letter issue

Hi, I have created a script that has some sql queries in it. It seem to work fine and e-mails me the output file but when i use this command 'col email format a20' it creates a dead.letter file and i never get the e-mail I am using mailx -s command to send out the e-mail. Any help would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting part of a string enclosed in brackets

I use otool on OS X to figure out the shared libraries that a binary uses. I run this command: otool -L /Applications/Vidnik\ 0.13.0/Vidnik.app/Contents/MacOS/Vidnik And it returns an output similar to this: /Applications/Vidnik 0.13.0/Vidnik.app/Contents/MacOS/Vidnik:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute brackets in the beginning of string in perl?

Hi, I have a string like this user can specify different query sets that is why "or" is mentioned: $string="]("; or $string="](("; or $string="]((("; or $string="]((((("; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a letter in a string

How to check whether a particular string contains dot or not? Here I can not use grep as the string is not in a file. I will get this string from user input Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balamv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

First Letter in a String to be capitalized

Is there a way to cnvert first letter alone in a string to upper case. For eg: diamond should be converted to Diamond. Thanks in Advance, Kinny (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl | catching the letter 'Q' for exit.

Hi all, I made a simple script with a prompt menu in Perl. All working good, but I want to add an option while the program is running that on every time when the user press 'Q' the program will exit. I know I can use $SIG{'INT'} or any other %SIG option. This option is a unix signal which I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedGrinGo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep string containing [] brackets

Hello, I am trying to grep string with square brackets. for example I want to grep the below string in log.txt file. This is a test thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

change each letter of a string

Is there a way to change each letter of a string to the next one in the alphabet, so that a becomes b and f becomes g, and digits become one unit bigger - 4 becomes 5 and 9 becomes 0. I want to change strings like ben123 to cfo234. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
5 Replies
XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter(3)

NAME
XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter - output XML in canonical XML format SYNOPSIS
use XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter; $writer = XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter OPTIONS; $parser->parse(Handler => $writer); DESCRIPTION
"XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter" is a PerlSAX handler that will return a string or write a stream of canonical XML for an XML instance and it's content. "XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter" objects hold the options used for writing the XML objects. Options can be supplied when the the object is created, $writer = new XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter PrintComments => 1; or modified at any time before calling the parser's `"parse()"' method: $writer->{PrintComments} = 0; OPTIONS
IOHandle IOHandle contains a handle for writing the canonical XML to. If an IOHandle is not provided, the canonical XML string will be returned from `"parse()"'. PrintComments By default comments are not written to the output. Setting comment to a true value will include comments in the output. AUTHOR
Ken MacLeod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us SEE ALSO
perl(1), PerlSAX James Clark's Canonical XML definition <http://www.jclark.com/xml/canonxml.html> perl v5.16.3 2003-10-21 XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter(3)