Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LPAR NIC Problem
Operating Systems AIX LPAR NIC Problem Post 302919325 by bsewen on Tuesday 30th of September 2014 11:39:27 AM
Old 09-30-2014
LPAR NIC Problem

On all our lpars we have our main interface set up and a backup network interface. On a number of our lpars those connections go to a down state for no apparent reason. They are still attached but they show up as "*en1" in netstat. Has anyone else come across this issue or know why an interface will go down? I can't find a reason for this behavior.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.1 NIC problem

i have just installed suse 8.1 on a third computer which has an Asus p4s8x with onboard NIC and sound. now, on install suse detected everything automatically with no probelm, however upon reboot the sound failed to load as well as the network card. /dev/eth* doesnt exist. i looked in the bios and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Dual NIC problem

Hi, I have a problem with a server disconnecting from the network. This is a SUN box with dual NIC's running Solaris 8. We have a Nokia router that routes traffic but it's virtual address doesn't respond to pings. When the SUN box sends out a ping, if nothing comes back it will shut down... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_smith
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nic problem

hello friends i am using x86 pc i can install solaris o/s but nic card is not deceting. i am not able see in file called /etc/path_to_inst. i did /touch reconfigu and devfsadm also. i used external nic card also realtech 8169d am using gigabyte mother board 775. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj123
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LPAR Loading Problem

I'm having a major problem trying to load a LPAR. I've got through the HMC and shutdown and then activated the LPAR and it only gets to the Operator Panel Value of 0517. Now from some research I've found that this is to do with loading the rootvg. ( I think ) On the actual terminal all I get is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeesH
0 Replies

5. Solaris

IPMP. Is this a NIC problem!!?

-- IPMP Groups -- Node Name Group Status Adapter Status --------- ----- ------ ------- ------ IPMP Group: hostname1.xx-xxxx.xxxi sc_ipmp1 Online ce5 Online IPMP Group: hostname1.xx-xxxx.xxxi ipmpgrp01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
2 Replies

6. AIX

Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR

Hello guys, It would be so nice of you if someone can provide me with these informations. 1) My SAN group assigned 51G of LUN space to the VIO server.I ran cfgdev to discover the newly added LUN. Unfortunately most of the disks that are in VIO server is 51G. How would I know which is the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

7. Solaris

NIC problem

can anyone help me fix this? what command should I use to bring them back to "TRUE"? Interface Speed Duplex Autoneg --------- ----- ------ ------- ce0 100 Mbit/s FULL FALSE ce5 100 Mbit/s FULL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
3 Replies

8. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

9. AIX

Newbie - AIX LPAR performance problem

Running into performance issues with WAS application servers on two of LPAR's or like configuration under high load web pages crawl. Please forgive me I'm new to AIX and most my expertise is in the Linux space. Thanks for your help!! Here's the run down: The problem appears to be CPU... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: margeson
3 Replies

10. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies
IFCFG-BONDING(5)					       Network configuration						  IFCFG-BONDING(5)

NAME
ifcfg-bonding - interface bonding configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-bond* Bonding Interfaces To setup a bonding interface you need a configuration file ifcfg-bond<X> with the usual network settings. But you must add additional vari- ables BONDING_MASTER must be set to 'yes' to identify this interface as a bonding interface BONDING_SLAVE_<X> here you specify the interface name representing the slave network interfaces. BONDING_MODULE_OPTS contains bonding options. Here you can set interface timeouts or working modes ('mode=active-backup' for backup mode). For addi- tional information take a look into the documentation mentioned at the bottom. Note, that this options are not passed as parameters to the bonding kernel module any more, but set via sysfs interface. This variable will be renamed in the feature. BONDING_SKIP_REMOVE_WORKAROUND When set to "yes", a bonding interface will be not removed while ifdown any more to avoid problems, e.g. when some third party ker- nel module, such as Veritas 'llt' module, does not react correctly to the UNREGISTER event and does not remove its references to the bonding interface causing all network related operation to stuck. Note: the bonding options are not reverted when this option is enabled and it is required to either explicitly keep the old options and set them to their default setting on bonding configuration changes or to reboot. Example Example for a bonding interface on eth0 and eth1 using the backup mode ifcfg-bond0 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='static' IPADDR='192.168.0.1/24' BONDING_MASTER='yes' BONDING_SLAVE_0='eth0' BONDING_SLAVE_1='eth1' BONDING_MODULE_OPTS='mode=active-backup miimon=100' Additional Information For additional and more general information take a look into /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt. Maybe you need to install the kernel sources to get this additional documentation. The configuration of routes for this kind of interface does not differ from ordinary interfaces. See man routes for details. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> -- ifup script Wilken Gottwalt <wgottwalt@suse.de> -- ifcfg-bonding manual page SEE ALSO
ifcfg(5), ifup(8). sysconfig April 2005 IFCFG-BONDING(5)