Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fetch the last two days directory names and rename them Post 302919298 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 30th of September 2014 08:06:15 AM
Old 09-30-2014
Hello,

Following may help also, remove echo after cross checking the output, if output is correct.

Code:
find * -maxdepth 1 -type d -mtime -2 -exec bash -c 'echo mv $0 "0"${0}' {} \;

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 09-30-2014 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: Added type for directory
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fetch dates for last 36 days in format yyyy-mm-dd

can anyone please suggest me some ideas for writing a korn shell script which will go back to 36 days from current day and print each day (incremented by 1) in the format yyyy-mm-dd until the current day. Thanks Mark (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and rename long file names (html)

Hi Guys, I need a help. I have 1130 zip files. Each one of them has files including 1 html file with long file name (includes special charactors, Alphabetic and numbers). I have copied all 1130 zip files to my linux system and extracted using below command. Find . -name "*.zip" -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajmani
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display only Owner and directory/sub directory names under particular root

hai, I am new to Unix, I have a requirement to display owner name , directory or sub directory name, who's owner name is not equal to "oasitqtc". (here "oasitqtc" is the owner of the directory or sub directory.) i have a command (below) which will display all folders and sub folders, but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename multiple file names in a directory

I hope some one can help me I have multiple files in a directory with out extension like as below mentioned. But i want to change all the file names along .DDMMYYYYHHMISS format. And all files should have same DDMMYYYYHHMISS. Scenario: direcory name = /vol/best/srcfiles files in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hari001
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through directory and extract sub directory names

I am trying to loop through folders and extract the name of the lowest level subfolder I was running the script below, it returns /bb/bin/prd/newyork /bb/bin/prd/london /bb/bin/prd/tokyo I really want newyork london tokyo I couldn't find a standard variable for the lowest level... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: personalt
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ??

Hello All My Questions About Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ? I Mean Red Hat Certifications , Solaris Certifications , IBM Certifications , HP Certifications and BSD Certifications just i need the names of these Certifications and How can i enter to Certifications... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eng/G.Mohammad
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename multiple file names?

Hi all, I need to rename more file name in one command or script. The files have this structure: XxY - filename.doc where X and Y are numbers and the x is the letter itself. I need to rename these files with this structure: string.S0XEY.filename.doc the string is a suffix that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch matched records from files between two different directory?

awk 'NR==FNR{arr;next} $0 in arr' /tmp/Data_mismatch.sh /prd/HK/ACCTCARD_20160115.txt edit by bakunin: seems that one CODE-tag got lost somewhere. i corrected that, but please check your posts more carefully. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
5 Replies
RFMKDIR(1)							Rfio User Commands							RFMKDIR(1)

NAME
rfmkdir - make remote directories SYNOPSIS
rfmkdir [ -m mode ] [ -p ] directory... DESCRIPTION
rfmkdir provides an interface to the shift remote file I/O daemon (rfiod) for creating remote directories in mode 777 (possibly altered by umask(1)). The directory argument is either a remote directory name of the form: hostname:path or a local directory name (not containing the :/ character combination). Creation of a directory requires write permission in the parent directory. OPTIONS
The following options apply to rfmkdir: -m mode This option allows users to specify the mode to be used for the new directories. Choices for modes can be found in chmod(1). -p With this option, rfmkdir creates dirname by creating all the non-existing parent directories first. SEE ALSO
mkdir(1), umask(1), mkdir(2), rfiod(1) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LCG
$Date: 2005/03/31 13:13:04 $ RFMKDIR(1)