Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Our Apologies for the Down Time This Weekend (Servercraft Migration) Post 302919221 by Neo on Monday 29th of September 2014 03:41:54 PM
Old 09-29-2014
Network Our Apologies for the Down Time This Weekend (Servercraft Migration)

In case you did not notice, our server was not available for about 10 hours this weekend. Our service provider (Servercraft) moved their entire data center from Houston to Dallas, TX.

They sent numerous emails to me but because of how I have configured gmail, none of the messages made it to my main inbox and so we missed out on all notices. This is the reason why advance notice was not given to our community and I apologize for that.

I have tried to get our providers to migrate to messaging using LINE or FB (and not email) since I'm not much of an email user these days; but seems many businesses are still "stuck" in the email world for notices. I"m not a big fan of email for notices; and so this is a part of the reason we did not get the notices from Servercraft. Again, my apologies for the downtime this weekend.

The good news is that the data center migration was a success Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

apologies to Perderabo

Sorry Perderabo, really was only asking advice on where best to post, and if I should post. Didn't intend for that missive to be posted. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: keith.m
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

apologies

sorry, I recently posted twice, thinking it didn't go through. didn't mean to make you hassle with redundancy. thanks for your good work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: protienplant
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apologies from a newbie!

Apologies because this may have been covered elsewhere, but I DID search but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. My problem is as follows.... I'm doing an extract from an Oracle database, my SQL script does some date manipulation and creates the output file with some date details... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedfreak
10 Replies

4. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
pygm2n(1)						    Python Gateway mail to news 						 pygm2n(1)

NAME
pygm2n - Python Gateway mail to news SYNOPSIS
pygm2n -n newsgroups [ -s newsserver ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
IMPORTANT: this man page is to be continued. The Whole pyg gateway is in devel. state. try -h option for more detailed option. pygm2n reads from stdin an email, sending it to newsgroups, a comma separated list without spaces of newsgroup names (at least one), rfc799 compliant. If pygm2n reads from stdin a sigle line starting with /, it is considered an absolute path to a single-email mailbox, so pygm2n will open and read it. Note that now pyg can't read a real mailbox, with many emails. If you give it in input, pyg will post the whole mailbox as a single email. EXAMPLES
There is some documetation in /urs/share/doc/pyg I created mailgate user (moderator of local.moderated ng). Subscribe to a list with this user (or simply email one message to). Every email posted to this user will send to newsgroups, in its .procmailrc I've put something like: :0 bh * ^From *mailinglist-request@lists.debian.org | $HOME/pygm2n -n local.debian.mailinglist AUTHORS
Cosimo Alfarano <alfarano@students.cs.unibo.it> BUGS
Boh. send any bug, advice or opinion to the author, please. Sun Sep 12 18:10:00 CEST 2000 pygm2n(1)