Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX executable problems with shell script in IBM servers Post 302919211 by bakunin on Monday 29th of September 2014 02:29:36 PM
Old 09-29-2014
The IBM way of setting up different JAVA versions is somewhat particular. Control if your "JAVA_HOME" environment variable is pointing to the right place and if the Java version you want to use is the first in the PATH variable. Modern versions of AIX are shipping with Java 1.6 and to get 1.4 you need to install that as an additional package. Chances are you are addressing a wrong version.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX 10.2 servers interoperability with IBM mass storage devices

Does anyone have succesfully interconnected HP-UX 10.2 HP 9000 K370 servers with A6885A HBA's, with an IBM Fastt storage server? I need to replace integrate both platforms. Interoperability matrices from manufacturers do not certified such integration. Thanks for anybody's help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raltmannr
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running command prompt executable file in shell script

hi i have file extentioned with test.vbs. i am able to run this file n execute through command promt but i dont know how to run in shell script example: file name is test.vbs which contains strSoundFile = "C:\windows\Media\Notify.wav" Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") strCommand... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atl@mav
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert shell script into a binary executable

Hello every one, i want to convert my shell script into a binary executable a .exe file , is it possible to do that if so are there any tools . Would the script take off when the arguments are parsed. Thanks Venu (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
13 Replies

4. AIX

IBM Servers Documentation

Hello dear friends, I wanrt to document our servers configuration but have no Idea which softweare should I use for documenting server environment.. maybe anyone can suggest me which software should I use.. thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while executing C executable with argument in shell script

Hi All, I am new to this forum and also shell script :) My task is I have to read CSV file get the data from the file and use the data to call c executable with data as argument.And the output from c executable should be stored to new CSV file Please find below my code testfunction() {... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravjot28
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to encrypt the xls file using executable jar in Linux SUSE 11.4

Dear Experts, I am an ERP consultant and would like to learn shell script. We are working on Linux SUSE 11.4 and I am very new to shell scripting. We can manually encrypt an excel file using "executable jar" through command prompt by placing the jar file & the file to be encrypted on a physical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithin226
1 Replies
scdsbuilder(1HA)					       Sun Cluster Commands						  scdsbuilder(1HA)

NAME
scdsbuilder - launch GUI version of Sun Cluster Agent Builder SYNOPSIS
scdsbuilder DESCRIPTION
The scdsbuilder command launches the GUI version of the Sun Cluster Agent Builder. Before you use Agent Builder, verify the following requirements: o The Java runtime environment is included in your $PATH variable. Agent Builder depends on the Java Development Kit, starting with Version 1.3.1. If the Java Development Kit is not included in your $PATH variable, the Agent Builder command (scdsbuilder) returns and displays an error message. o You have installed the Developer System Support software group of the Solaris 9 OS or Solaris 10 OS. o The cc compiler is included in your $PATH variable. Agent Builder uses the first occurrence of cc in your $PATH variable to identify the compiler with which to generate C binary code for the resource type. If cc is not included in $PATH, Agent Builder disables the option to generate C code. Note - You can use a different compiler with Agent Builder than the standard cc compiler. To use a different compiler, create a symbolic link in $PATH from cc to a different compiler, such as gcc. Or, change the compiler specification in the makefile (currently, CC=cc) to the com- plete path for a different compiler. For example, in the makefile that is generated by Agent Builder, change CC=cc to CC=pathname/gcc. In this case, you cannot run Agent Builder directly. Instead, you must use the make and make pkg commands to generate data service code and the package. EXIT STATUS
This command returns the following exit status codes: 0 The command completed succesfully. nonzero An error occurred. FILES
install_directory/rtconfig Contains information from the previous session. This information facilitates the tool's quit and restart feature. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cc(1B), scdscreate(1HA), scdsconfig(1HA), attributes(5) Chapter 9, Sun Cluster Agent Builder, in Sun Cluster Data Services Developer's Guide for Solaris OS Sun Cluster 3.2 14 Sep 2007 scdsbuilder(1HA)