Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Tcp Socket (Connection refused) to my server box Post 302919159 by Wpgn on Sunday 28th of September 2014 06:07:16 PM
Old 09-28-2014
Tcp Socket (Connection refused) to my server box

I installed a fresh copy of Solaris 7 and present up my ip and domain for my web services but when I try to connect to it I get the following error;

Code:
TCPActiveOpen[0x0]: connect failed tcp/192.168.1.148/7900: 146 (Connection refused).

the port is open in my router but I don't no were to add it in Solaris also firewall is not installed, can some one point me in right direction please thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection refused to ftp from a unix server to a windows pc

I need your help please. In order to run a script after a ftp connection, ive got initially this problem: from unix pc machine to a Unix server i could ftp succesfully but in reverse (i mean from unix to pc machine i cant ftp. The error message is this ftp 192.168.29.90 ftp: connect: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Connection refused

Hi there, Anything will help. I have running server on computer and want to connect from some clients. Server: memset(&hints, 0, sizeof(hints)); hints.ai_family = domain; hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM; error = getaddrinfo("localhost", "8300", &hints, &res0); if (error) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dudu1984
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Xlib: connection refused by server

Hi guys i am facing this issue while opening new xterm window.please help me out. Xlib: connection to "delop125ld:0.0" refused by server Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached xterm Xt error: Can't open display: delop125ld:0.0 thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

PSQLException: Connection refused

I dont' what happened with my servers (test servers only) but I just noticed that suddenly I cannot up the domain anymore (Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01). a. server.log org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

7. Debian

ftp connection refused

I have two computers running Debian 6.0 and one running Solaris 2.6 on a private network. The Debian computers can ftp to the Solaris computer but if a Debian computer is the destination the ftp connection is refused. I assume this is some security feature of Debian. What can I do to allow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

8. AIX

FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .

HI , I'm facing the FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .It showing the messege "can't create ftp connection connectin refused".Though it is accessible from putty . i'm using aix version 6 . Can any one let me know the seetings needs to be made so that i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmkganesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcp connection to Linux server fails

I am trying to send json messages to a port on a linux server from a remote server running a .net program. I have one implementation running with successful incoming messages to port 1514. I tried to replicate the same thing but just to another port but cannot get it to work as I get the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unienewbie
3 Replies
mxallowd(1)							   User Manuals 						       mxallowd(1)

NAME
mxallowd - dynamically whitelist your Mail eXchanger SYNOPSIS
mxallowd [-d] [-c configfile] [-t whitelist-time] [-p pflog-interface] [-l pcap-filter] [-F] [-s] [-q] [-p] -f fake-mailserver -r real- mailserver -n queue-num DESCRIPTION
mxallowd is a daemon which uses libnetfilter_queue (on Linux) or pf and pflog (on BSD) to allow (or deny) connections to a mailserver (or similar application) if the remote host hasn't connected to a fake daemon before. This is an improved version of the so-called nolisting (see http://www.nolisting.org/). The assumption is that spammers are not using RFC 2821-compatible SMTP-clients and are sending fire-and-forget spam (directly to the first or second MX-entry without retrying on error). This direct access is blocked with mxallowd, you'll only get a connection if you retry. NOTE: It is highly recommended to install nscd (nameserver caching daemon) or a similar software in order to speed-up DNS lookups. Since version 1.3, DNS lookups are done in a thread (so they don't block the main process), however, on very-high-traffic-sites, mxallowd may show significantly better overall performance in combination with nscd. OPTIONS
-b, --no-rdns-whitelist Disable whitelisting all IP-addresses that have the same RDNS as the connecting one (necessary for google mail) -c, --config Specifies an alternative configuration file (instead of /etc/mxallowd.conf) -t, --whitelist-time Specify the amount of time (in seconds) until an IP-address will be removed from the whitelist -s, --stdout Log to stdout, not to syslog -q, --quiet Don't log anything but errors. -f, --fake-mailserver Specify which IP-address the fake mailserver has (connecting to it will whitelist you for the real mailserver) -r, --real-mailserver Specify which IP-address the real mailserver has -F, --foreground Do not fork into background, stay on console -n, --queue-num (only available when compiled for netfilter_queue) Specify the queue number which will be used for the netfilter_queue-link. This has to be the same which is specified in the ipta- bles-rule and it has to be specified, there is no default. -p, --pflog-interface (only available when compiled for pf) Specify the pflog(4) interface which you configured in pf(4). The default is pflog0. Also see the pcap-filter-option if you use an interface which does not only get smtp-traffic. -l, --pcap-filter (only available when compiled for pf) Specify the filter for pcap. The default is "port 25". See tcpdump(8) for more information on the filters. FILES
/etc/mxallowd.conf System-wide configuration file. Use the long options without the beginning two dashes. For example: stdout fake-mailserver 192.168.1.3 fake-mailserver 192.168.1.4 real-mailserver 192.168.1.5 queue-num 23 EXAMPLES FOR NETFILTER
The machine has two IP-addresses. The mailserver only listens on 192.168.1.4, the nameserver returns the mx-records mx1.domain.com (192.168.1.3) with priority 5 and mx2.domain.com (192.168.1.4) with priority 10. # modprobe nfnetlink_queue # iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -m state --state NEW -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 23 # mxallowd -s -F -f 192.168.1.3 -r 192.168.1.4 -n 23 Then open a separate terminal and connect via telnet on your real mailserver. You'll see the connection attempt being dropped. Now connect to the fake mailserver and watch mxallowd's output. Afterwards, connect to the real mailserver to verify your mailserver is still working. EXAMPLES FOR PF
The machine has two IP-addresses. The mailserver only listens on 192.168.1.4, the nameserver returns the mx-records mx1.domain.com (192.168.1.3) with priority 5 and mx2.domain.com (192.168.1.4) with priority 10. Create a pf.conf like this: table <mx-white> persist real_mailserver="192.168.1.4" fake_mailserver="192.168.1.3" real_mailserver6="2001:dead:beef::1" fake_mailserver6="2001:dead:beef::2" pass in quick log on fxp0 proto tcp from <mx-white> to $real_mailserver port smtp pass in quick log on fxp0 inet6 proto tcp from <mx-white> to $real_mailserver6 port smtp block in log on fxp0 proto tcp to { $fake_mailserver $real_mailserver } port smtp block in log on fxp0 inet6 proto tcp to { $fake_mailserver6 $real_mailserver6 } port smtp Afterwards, load it and start mxallowd using the following commands: # pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf # mxallowd -s -F -f 192.168.1.3 -r 192.168.1.4 Then open a separate terminal and connect via telnet on your real mailserver. You'll see the connection attempt being dropped. Now connect to the fake mailserver and watch mxallowd's output. Afterwards, connect to the real mailserver to verify your mailserver is still working. The ruleset for pf is actually longer because pf does more than netfilter on linux -- netfilter passes the packets and lets mxallowd decide whether to drop/accept whilst pf blocks/passes before even "passing" to mxallowd. SEE ALSO
iptables(8), pf(4), pflog(4), tcpdump(8) AUTHOR
Michael Stapelberg <michael+mxallowd at stapelberg dot de> Linux MARCH 2012 mxallowd(1)