Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing three variables to loop and error Post 302919141 by Corona688 on Sunday 28th of September 2014 01:32:00 PM
Old 09-28-2014
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Posting "Does not work" without explanation does not help you or anyone. If a command does not work for you, please show the exact circumstances you used it, and the exact error or malfunction you received. Do not paraphrase errors, or post the text as links, images, or attachments if you can avoid it: Paste the exact message, in code tags, like [code] text [/code] or by selecting the text and using the Image button.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

IN WHAT WAY did it "not work"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variables

Hi, Is there any way to pass variable to a sed script.For awk we have -v option.like that do we have any way to pass variable to a sed script from a awk script or from normal script? Thanx, sounder (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sounder123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables to sed

Hi folks, I'm looking for a solution to pass variables to a sed-command. I'm reading a lot of threats and also the q&a "How can I use a variable in sed?". None of these commands works. I'm using AIX 5.2. I want to do the following: NUMBER=` echo 38341` | sed -n '/$NUMBER/p' an obtained... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfisch
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing variables between scripts...

Hey all, I'm wondering how you pass variable's that are defined in one script to another script that's been called by that first script..... Best regards, Jaz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing 2 variables

Hi All, I need to pass 2 variables name 'vamskt' and 'vamsi'. Here is my question: delete from gpi.usergroup where usg_user_id in ('vamskt'); delete from gpi.userroles where uro_user_id in ('vamskt'); delete from gpi.user where usr_id in ('vamskt'); insert into gpi.user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvamsikiran
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variables

I have below data: DAY1=10202013 I am trying below but not getting the desired output: COUNT=1 DATE=DAY$COUNT echo "Date is $DATE" However output I am getting is: Date is DAY1 I wanted the output as: Date is 10202013 I tried following as well: DAY1=10202013 COUNT=1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockyr1985
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing variables to mkuser

In a ksh, I'm attempting to pass my string of arguments to the mkuser command in a variable as follows... cmd="pgrp=ACRGENU groups=ACRGENU home=/home/${USERID} shell=/usr/bin/ksh" cmd=$cmd" gecos='${USERNAME}' login=true su=false rlogin=true daemon=true" cmd=$cmd" admin=false... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubbawuzhere
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh While Loop - passing variables to functions

I'm reading a text file using a while loop but when I call a function from within this loop it exits that same iteration … even though there are many more lines in the file to be read. I thought it was something to do with the IFS setting but it appears that a function call (when run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
3 Replies
setnetlp(1M)															      setnetlp(1M)

NAME
setnetlp - configure the LP spooling system for network printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/setnetlp /usr/sbin/setnetlp -p printer [options] /usr/sbin/setnetlp -x printer DESCRIPTION
The command configures network printers in the LP spooling systems with specified printer model interface file. It is used to add and remove specified printer that is referred as a LP destinations, change configuration of the printer if the printer exists. Network printers that support lpd protocol or JetDirect interface can be configured by The command is a shell procedure. It calls lpad- min(1M) command for lpd printer configuration. It may also call addqueue(1) and removequeue(1) commands for configuring printers with Jet- Direct interface when the optional software HP JetDirect Printer Installer for Unix is installed on the system. Exactly one of the -p, -x options or no options must be present for every legal invocation of -p printer Names a printer to which all of the options below refer. If printer does not exist, it will be created. -x printer Removes the printer from the LP spooling system. The printer is a LP destination configured in the LP spooling sys- tem. No other options are allowed with -x. The following options are required for -p and can appear in any order. -orm machine The name of the remote machine or IP address of the network printer is machine. -om model This option selects a printer model interface program for printer. The model is one of the model file name at /usr/lib/lp/model/* supplied with the LP software or generated by psmsgen(1M). Refer to lpadmin(1M) Models for details. One and only one of the following options is required for -p and can appear in any order. -orp rprinter The name of the remote printer queue that has configured on the remote machine is rprinter. This option is required to configure lpd printer and can not be used with -jd option. -jd When this option is specified, configures the printer using commands provided by HP JetDirect Printer Install- er for Unix Interactive terminal user interface (TUI) will be invoked when is invoked without any options. At the TUI, values of all options described above can be set. In addition, for some printer model, defaults of model interface options also can be customized. When HP JetDi- rect Printer Installer for Unix is available on the system, some recommended initial values for options may be provided for some printer model. The model customization support feature by is available only for TUI. No customization is performed by non-interactive invocation of To customize model options for a printer without the TUI, pre-customized model file needs to be generated before running for configuring the printer. EXAMPLES
Assuming a LIPS printer supported lpd protocol on a network as remote printer host name lphost and remote printer name lipslp the command: /usr/sbin/setnetlp -p netlp -orm lphost -orp lipslp -om LIPS4 causes the spool system to use the local printer netlp and the local model file LIPS4. FILES
SEE ALSO
lpadmin(1M), addqueue(1), removequeue(1), psmsgen(1M) setnetlp(1M)