Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Resume from last failed command Post 302919099 by sea on Sunday 28th of September 2014 02:33:55 AM
Old 09-28-2014
What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to get value from a file using sed command

Hi folks, I have the following file (tnsnames.ora): DB10g = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = buffy)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = DB10g) ) ) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Are companies viewing my resume? How do I track my resume visits?

Hi everybody, I am wondering if there is any tool or website out there which can track who is viewing my resume. It is very frustrating when you send your CV or Cover Letter and you receive no feedback from the company, you don't even know if they have checked it out. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gearyipswich
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Mail command: exec failed. errno=2.

I am trying to send email using the "mail" command. I keep getting an "exec failed. errno=2." message. Here is one the commands I have tried: mail test@mycompany.com < test1.out Any ideas what may be causing this error msg? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hawkman2k
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm & mv command failed due to too many files.

In our directory there are too many files, & if I try to execute mv *.gz or rm *.l command it fails, providing error string as - 'arg list too long'. This doesnt happen always, is there any way we know, limit on the rm & mv command so we can take care of this failure in future executions ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rerunning a command in a script that failed?

I have a script that occasionally has a command here and there that fails and I would like to set my script up to just re run the command if the exit code is 1. Is there a simple way to do that without if/thens or redirecting to the command again? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script exits with $? not 0 randomly, how can I see what command failed?

Hi! I have this situation with 3 shellscripts. One is a "startscript" that simply calls other scripts. This one is scheduled with cron to run at regular intervals. That script runs what I'll refer to as Script 1. Script 1 in turn runs script 2 (import_catalogs_buyer.sh) Sometimes, seemingly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trailsmoke
2 Replies

7. Solaris

command 'cc' failed even though gcc is installed

I'm trying to build some python modules on a Solaris 10 machine. It has gcc as /usr/sfw/bin/gcc. # CC=gcc python setup.py build running build running build_py running build_ext cc -c actread.c -o actread.o unable to execute cc: No such file or directory error: command 'cc' failed with exit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
8 Replies

8. Hardware

Cannot resume from suspend with new motherboardktop, does not resume properly

I would like to get pm-suspend (or any other suspend method) working for a small new desktop computer. It is based on a Zotac GF-8200 ITX motherboard and an AMD Athlon II X@ 240 CPU using ArchLinux x86_64. The pm-suspend script works, apparently putting the machine into suspend correctly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Script redirect command output failed, why?

Hi, I put a for loop in a script to eject backup tapes from the robot. The command echo' output goes to the log file without problem, but command vmchange's output does not go to the log file although it's working fine. It still displays on the screen. I've tried '2>&1 1>$log', but nothing changed.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Command failed for target 'check-recursive' error

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I haven't done UNIX Admin in a long time and am trying to update the utilities on a Solaris server so that I can get Apache 2.4.25 installed. I am finding a lot of utilities that are just too far out of date and some versions are no longer supported. So... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJ_Namias
0 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)