Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers If statement between different file's arrays Post 302919091 by saleheen on Saturday 27th of September 2014 10:44:15 PM
Old 09-27-2014
Thanks a lot bakunin! I knew I should be more clear.
1. Yes, the bottom 2 layers are the atoms whose z coordinates start with 0.***** & 2.*****. There are two more layer of atoms above these.
2. I just made up the pivot atoms keyword, what it means is I have some adsorbed species on surface of the catalyst layer. Pivot atoms are those directly under the adsorbed species.
3. You're right, nearest neighbor distance is
Code:
sqrt[(a1-a2)^2 + (b1-b2)^2 +(c1-c2)^2]

For Pt it's 2.82 angstrom. My thinking if the above value is in between 2.82, then the code should copy those coordinates. About more than one nearest neighbors, think of it like this, I have 2 layers of atoms and on the top layer is one of my pivot atom. I'm looking for all the atoms that are in between 2.82 angstrom radius, that also includes the atoms of the bottom layer which are within 2.82 angstrom of the pivot atom. Now when I choose the second atom,(which is itself also a neighbor of 1st pivot atom) some of it's nearest neighbors might be already copied cause they were the nearest neighbor of the 1st pivot atom.

doom=($(grep Pt cluster.xyz | awk '{ print $4 }' | grep '[0]\.[0-9]\{14\}')); sed 's/"${doom[*]}"//g' cluster.xyzIn this line of code what I was trying to do was storing those coordinates into the "doom" array and replace them with blank spaces. But now I think of it, it's not what I wanted, I wanted to remove those lines on whole, not those coordinates only.

The thing I am trying to do is I do the aqueous phase calculations on a cluster of atoms, not on periodic systems. Every time I have to do this cluster building manually which is very time consuming. I also have to extend this line of thought for my MD simulation but that's for later. I guess I'm stuck in the very first step i.e deleting the bottom two layers of atoms. Sorry if I made my thinking more complex. Thanks a lot man! Really appreciate it!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading in data sets into arrays from an input file.

Hye all, I would like some help with reading in a file in which the data is seperated by commas. for instance: input.dat: 1,2,34,/test for the above case, the fn. will store the values into an array -> data as follows: data = 1 data = 2 data = 34 data = /test I am trying to write... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidamin810
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrays & File Reading

Ok; here is the code INCREMENT=0 #Final Count MATCH=0 #Treated as a Boolean declare -a LINEFOUR #Declared Array for FILE in $DIR; do # DIR was declared earlier test -f $FILE && ( TEMP=(sed -n '4p' $FILE) #How do I assign the fourth line of the file to TEMP? This doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Asylus
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to load different type of data in a file to two arrays

Hi, I have tried to find some sort of previous similar thread on this but not quite close to what I want to achieve. Basically I have two class of data in my file..e.g 1,1,1,1,1,2,yes 1,2,3,4,5,5,yes 2,3,4,5,5,5,no 1,2,3,4,4,2,no 1,1,3,4,5,2,no I wanted to read the "yes" entry to an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Struggling with arrays and delimited file

Hi, I am trying to use arrays in my script but can not seem to get it to work. I have a file called sections, this contains headers from a tripwire log file, separated by "@" but could be "," if easier The headers will be used to cut sections from the log file into another to be mailed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a .dat file in to 2 different arrays

hi all, i have a data file that contains 2 columns, names and numbers. i need to read names in to a an array call names and numbers in to an array call numbers. i also have # and blank lines in my dat file and i need to skip those when i read the dat file. how do i do this? btw, my column 1 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving file content in arrays using AWK

Hi, im new to shell scripting. i have a query for which i have searched your forums but coulndt get what i need. i have a file that has two records of exactly the same length and format and they are comma seperated. i need to save the first and the second columns of the input file to 2 different... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: atikan
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Field Replacement, Assigning Fields to Variables, Lists/Arrays?

Okay, I've made threads on extracting fields and comparing strings in separate files in .csv's. I've written the following code with intentions of learning more. I just want this one question answered: How can I assign fields from a file(comma separated) to variables? My goal is to check... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickeneaterguy
0 Replies

8. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using associative arrays with an if statement

I have this piece of code. The first if statement is not working, however the second if statement is working fine. I have set a value for Srcs to be file.srcs and want to print it. If no value for Rcvs is set, I get the print statement correctly hasValue="file.srcs" if ${hasValue}; then ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

About arrays in file 1 matching with file 2

i have two files say a and b a has these lines 1 20 30 40 2 30 40 50 3 25 35 45 5 20 50 20 and b has these lines 20 30 30 40 25 35 20 50 the script reads FILENAME ( "a" ) { rec1=$2; rec2=$2; } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paresh n doshi
4 Replies
XLSATOMS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XLSATOMS(1)

NAME
xlsatoms - list interned atoms defined on server SYNOPSIS
xlsatoms [-options ...] DESCRIPTION
Xlsatoms lists the interned atoms. By default, all atoms starting from 1 (the lowest atom value defined by the protocol) are listed until unknown atom is found. If an explicit range is given, xlsatoms will try all atoms in the range, regardless of whether or not any are unde- fined. OPTIONS
-display dpy This option specifies the X server to which to connect. -format string This option specifies a printf-style string used to list each atom <value,name> pair, printed in that order (value is an unsigned long and name is a char *). Xlsatoms will supply a newline at the end of each line. The default is %ld %s. -range [low]-[high] This option specifies the range of atom values to check. If low is not given, a value of 1 assumed. If high is not given, xlsatoms will stop at the first undefined atom at or above low. -name string This option specifies the name of an atom to list. If the atom does not exist, a message will be printed on the standard error. SEE ALSO
X(7), Xserver(1), xprop(1) ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display to use. AUTHOR
Jim Fulton, MIT X Consortium X Version 11 xlsatoms 1.0.1 XLSATOMS(1)