Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check daily files arrival in a directory Post 302919080 by sea on Saturday 27th of September 2014 04:18:17 PM
Old 09-27-2014
Please use [ code ] tags around your code, makes it much easier to read AND help fixing it....
Also, what is the output you get?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if 3 files have same size in directory

I need to determine if any three files have the same file size in a specified directly? I have got as far as listing the file sizes but where to go from here? ls -al |sort -n -r +4 | awq '{print $5}' Thanks in anticipation (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oggle
5 Replies

2. AIX

Daily check helth

Can any one suggest some command that used to test the hardware and software (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip all the files within a directory on a daily basis

I need to zip all the files within a directory on a daily basis and store them as a zip file within that directory with the date in its naming convention I have file extentions .log .lst and .out's within that directory How do i do this task zip -mqj mydir/allzip$YYMMDDDD.zip mydir/*.* ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if certain files exist in a directory, if not add name to a textfile

We recieve some logs on our windows box via FTP on a daily basis, in the same directory. I would like to check for missing logs files and add their name to a text file. Something like... Check if C:\logs\file1_currentdate exists (if not, add file1_currentdate to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating directory daily basis...

Need help on this script. the month is not changing to February... #!/bin/bash for X in `seq 1 100` do DATE=`date +%Y-%m-%d "--date=${X} day ago"` Y=`date +%Y` M=`date +%m` D=`date +%d "--date=${X} day ago"` DIR=/home/LogBackup for i in `seq 1 ` do if ;then # ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alelee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily health check script

Hi I am still learning how to write shell scripts, so I started to write a script like this: #!/bin/sh date echo outputOK () { echo $1 "" } outputOK () { echo $1 "" } for vol in `/usr/bin/grep -E 'hfs|vxfs|nfs|cifs' /etc/fstab | egrep -v '^#' | awk '{ print $3 }'` do if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether directory has files in it or not in shell script?

hi, I am having script in which i want to check if directory has any file in it or not. If directory contains a single or more files then and only then it should proceed to further operations... P.S.: Directory might have thousand number of files. so there might be chance of getting error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Directory for files & Email

I'm working on a bash script to move files from one location, to two. The first part of my challenge is intended to check a particular directory for contents (e.g. files or other items in it), if files exists, then send the list of names to a txt file and email me the text file. If files do not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check total files size in hdfs directory?

Is there a way to calculate the total file size of HDFS file directory in GB or MB? I dont want to use du/df command. Without that is there a way HDFS Directory - /test/my_dir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check for files and move it to another directory - ksh

I'm trying to wirte ksh script for given requirement, but i unable to achive it. In dir1 directory I need to check for the files which suffixed with .csv or .txt, If there is no files, then i need to exit. If any files found I need to move the each file found to dir2 directory. I have to repeat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kayal
4 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags SYNOPSIS
lintian-info [log-file...] lintian-info --tags tag ... DESCRIPTION
The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag or tags. If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command. (Note, though, that the lintian command has a command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this command.) OPTIONS
-a, --annotate Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override entries. For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. --profile prof Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags. If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default profile for than vendor is chosen. If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor. Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles. -t, --tags Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag. EXIT STATUS
If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1. Otherwise, it always returns with exit code 0. SEE ALSO
lintian(1) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> perl v5.14.2 2013-02-16 LINTIAN-INFO(1)