Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Javascript to force decimals in 0.25 steps Post 302918986 by jim mcnamara on Friday 26th of September 2014 01:38:13 PM
Old 09-26-2014
OK. javascript uses floating point arithmetic operations (as compiled from C code).

Floating point does not always represent some numbers precisely, especially after several operations, e.g., addition, multiplication, etc. see -

What Every Computer Scientist Should Know About Floating-Point Arithmetic

You can convert fp -> string then display. You can also use convert.log() with a %f format specifier if your version supports a %f format specifier.
see:
JavaScript equivalent to printf/string.format - Stack Overflow

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

handle decimals

Hi All, How we can handle decimals in (Float) in UNIX. a=73 b=5 c=`expr a / b` i am getting 14 but i need full 14.6 . Can any one help me pls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne and decimals??

I need to get 15% of the variable exer1 to be added to other exercises so far, i've got exer1=$1 aver=`expr $exer \* .15` but i keep getting an error that an integer value was expected. Is there anyway around this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdyzsa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Regular decimals to Packed decimals

Hi, I am trying to find if there is a way to convert regular decimal values to Paced decimal values. I tried to find a c program but I could get a Packed converted to regular decimal not the other way round. If not unix please let me know if any other progrimming language I can use to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimals in TCSH

Hello, I want to run a loop with non-integer values (which I know I can't) so I've created a loop of integers and divided it by 10. However, these values are always rounded down to 1 significant figure. How do I get the script to keep and use the decimal value? My script is as follows #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DFr0st
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding Decimals in Cshell

Hello... I am new to unix and I am wondering if in a C-shell script , Are we supposed to use only whole numbers........ for example..if a program needs to calculate the average of some numbers........ @ avg = (($1 +$2 + $3)/3)) is returning a whole number.........How can a decimal be achieved... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravindra22
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep wholenumbers / decimals

Hi I have a large file in which I need to search for certain whole numbers and print the whole line. I'm currently trying this via command line using grep but grep is also matching the decimal values and i just want to return the matching whole numbers (the entire line) Example File ddggg ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round up the decimals

Hi All, I would like to do the following in the shell script 561.76 to 562 I tried using this echo 'scale=0; 749 * 75 /100 ' | bc but just returned only 561 Please help me . I appreciate your help Thanks rajeevm (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date in seconds with decimals

I am trying to get date to display decimal Desired output 1350386096256.12 I know this can be done with printf, but are not able to make it work. I have tested this and many otherprintf "%.2f" $(($(date +%s%N)/1000000)) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

9. Programming

Decimals reading Python

Hello, i'm new in python. Consider that i have this function that read me some data from a serial : def GetData(): line = open(serialx).read() hash = line.find("#") when = line count = line # print when, count, line return (float(when), int(count)) it gives me the result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the field has more than 2 decimals

Hi Gurus, I have below sample file, I need find the line which 2rd field has more than 2 decimals. in sample file, I need to find xyz, 123456.789 abc, 1234.45, def xyz, 123456.789, xxx bce, 1234.34, xxx thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
13 Replies
Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile(3pm)

NAME
Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile - Functions for creating and loading Step Definitions VERSION
version 0.11 DESCRIPTION
Provides the Given/When/Then functions, and a method for loading Step Definition files and returning the steps. SYNOPSIS
Defining steps: #!perl use strict; use warnings; use Test::More; use Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile; use Method::Signatures; # Allows short-hand func method Given 'something', func ($c) { print "YEAH!" } When qr/smooooth (d+)/, func ($c) { print "YEEEHAH $1" } Then qr/something (else)/, func ($c) { print "Meh $1" } Step qr/die now/, func ($c) { die "now" } Loading steps, in a different file: use Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile; my @steps = Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile->load('filename_steps.pl'); EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
Given When Then Step Accept a regular expression or string, and a coderef. Some cute tricks ensure that when you call the "load()" method on a file with these statements in, these are returned to it... load Loads a file containing step definitions, and returns a list of the steps defined in it, of the form: ( [ 'Given', qr/abc/, sub { etc } ], [ 'Step', 'asdf', sub { etc } ] ) AUTHOR
Peter Sergeant "pete@clueball.com" LICENSE
Copyright 2011, Peter Sergeant; Licensed under the same terms as Perl perl v5.14.2 2012-05-20 Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile(3pm)