Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to avoid the spaces?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to avoid the spaces? Post 302918819 by RudiC on Thursday 25th of September 2014 04:29:02 PM
Old 09-25-2014
Try resetting the COLSEP char...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo is suppressing multiple spaces.How to avoid it

I am reading a file and copying selected lines from the file into another using echo. For eg: while read line do if ((some logic to determine whether I need to copy the current line to another file)) then echo $line > tempfile fi done<srcfile The problem I have is the data in the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathima
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to avoid polling???

Hi all, I have a directory where some process is keeping incremental/new log files. I need to code a program which will periodically poll this directory and if it founds a new file arrived then copy that new file to some other specific directory. We are OK with this polling approach. I just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append spaces(say 10 spaces) at the end of each line based on the length of th

Hi, I have a problem where I need to append few spaces(say 10 spaces) for each line in a file whose length is say(100 chars) and others leave as it is. I tried to find the length of each line and then if the length is say 100 chars then tried to write those lines into another file and use a sed... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid the space

Hi, I have some problem with following command. $path='pwd'.”/pack”; When I check the value in the variable path , it give the following output /tmp/new /pack The pwd will be /tmp/new Now the problem is the spaces is added between pwd and the appended path. I need the output like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid CR after compression

Hi all, I am having few files which needs to be concted into a single file and then it is compressed and FTPed from the UNIX server to the Windows server. For the above purpose i am using gzip command to compress the files after concetenation. And i am FTP ing the compressed file in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Any way to avoid these errors?

Hello, this is solaris 10 on SF v440, I know below errors might go away if I put a new PS or put the original one back in socket but is there any other way to stop these errors from appearing in /var/adm/messages ? I do not want to put the failed PS1 in socket neither do we want to spend on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid the truncating of multiple spaces into a single space while reading a line from a file?

consider the small piece of code while read line do echo $line done < example content of example file sadasdasdasdsa erwerewrwr ergdgdfgf rgerg erwererwr the output is like sadasdasdasdsa erwerewrwr ergdgdfgf rgerg erwererwr the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
4 Replies
ddi_fm_acc_err_get(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				    ddi_fm_acc_err_get(9F)

NAME
ddi_fm_acc_err_get, ddi_fm_dma_err_get - get the error status for an access or DMA handle SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ndifma.h> void ddi_fm_acc_err_get(ddi_acc_handle_t acc_handle, ddi_fm_error_t *error_status, int version); void ddi_fm_dma_err_get(ddi_dma_handle_t dma_handle, ddi_fm_error_t *error_status, int version); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
acc_handle Data access handle obtained from a previous call to ddi_regs_map_setup(9F), ddi_dma_mem_alloc(9F), or to a similar func- tion. dma_handle DMA handle obtained from a previous call to ddi_dma_mem_alloc(9F) or one of its derivatives. error_status Pointer to where the error status for the access or DMA handle should be returned. version Version number of ddi_fm_error_t. The driver should always set this to DDI_FME_VERSION. DESCRIPTION
The ddi_fm_dma_err_get() and ddi_fm_acc_err_get() functions return the error status for a DMA or access handle respectively. If a fault has occurred that affects the resource mapped by the supplied handle, the supplied error_status structure is updated to reflect error informa- tion captured during error handling by a bus or other device driver in the I/O data path. If an error is indicated for an access handle, the driver might no longer be able to access the mapped registers or memory using programmed I/O through the handle. Typically, this might occur after the device has failed to respond to an I/O access - in the case of a bus error, for instance, or a timeout. The effect of programmed I/O access made at the time of a fault is undefined. Read access via ddi_get8(9F), for example, can return random values, while write access via ddi_put8(9F) might or might not have an effect. It is possible, however, that the error might be transient. In that case, the driver can attempt to recover by calling ddi_fm_acc_err_clear(), resetting the device to return it to a known state, then retrying any potentially failed transactions. If an error is indicated for a DMA handle, it implies that an error has been detected that has or will affect DMA transactions between the device and the memory currently bound to the handle - or the memory most recently bound, if the handle is currently unbound. Possible causes include the failure of a component in the DMA data path or an attempt by the device to make an invalid DMA access. The contents of any memory currently or previously bound to the handle should be considered indeterminate. The driver might be able to continue by freeing memory that is bound to the handle back to the system, resetting the device to return it to a known state, then retrying any potentially failed transactions. If the driver is unable to recover, the operating state should be changed by a call to ddi_fm_service_impact() that specifies DDI_SER- VICE_LOST for the impacted device instance. If the recovery and retry succeed, a call should still be made to ddi_fm_service_impact() but DDI_SERVICE_UNAFFECTED should be specified. CONTEXT
The ddi_fm_acc_err_get() and ddi_fm_dma_err_get() functions can be called from user, kernel, or high-level interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ddi_dma_mem_alloc(9F), ddi_fm_acc_err_clear(9F), ddi_fm_service_impact(9F), ddi_get8(9F), ddi_put8(9F), ddi_regs_map_set- up(9F), ddi_fm_error(9S), Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 13 May 2007 ddi_fm_acc_err_get(9F)