Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to append in the beginning not at the end? Post 302918818 by RudiC on Thursday 25th of September 2014 04:26:40 PM
Old 09-25-2014
How about reverse thinking? Append your text file to your insert file...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat a file from end to beginning

Is there an option, for cat, head, tail, or is there any way, to display a file from last line to first? For example, my file looks like this: aaaa bbbb cccc eeee and I would like to print or display it like this: eeee cccc bbbb aaaa thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append (cat) to beginning of file ?

Hi, Fairly new to unix scripting, hoping to get some help. using AIX v5 Basically I have 3 files 1). Header record 2). many detail record 3). Trailer record My desired result is 1 file which contains Heaeder, Detail, Trailer Currenty I am using a series of: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBZ
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append to beginning of a file

Hi, I have a file x which is being upated continuously. I want to add file y in the file x but at the beginning of file x. file x file y After commands file x eeee aaaa aaaa gggg bbbb bbbb hhhh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comma and next rows beginning from the end

Hello friends, I have a file which consists of many rows, I use a couple of commands to convert it so i can use in a database query for filtering. I need the first columns (msisdns) in a row, seperated with commas, 9855162267,4,5,2010-11-03 17:02:07.627 9594567938f,5,5,2010-11-02... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append variable texts to the beginning of each line in all files in a directory

I am writing a code to append some numbers in the beginning of each line in all the files present in a directory. The number of files are really huge. The files are numbered as 1.sco, 2.sco, 4.sco (Note: 3.sco is missing). The files currently look like this: 1.sco 2 3 5 6 6 7My task is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append file name to the beginning of each line

I want to append file names at the beginning of a line for each row file content abc.txt.gz 123|654|987 bcd.txt.gz 876|trf|kjh I want a single output file with below format abc.txt.gz|123|654|987 bcd.txt.gz|876|trf|kjh This one is working but only with unzip files,need to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Multiple files with file name in the beginning of line

Hi, I have multiple files having many lines like as bvelow: file Name a.txt abc def def xyz 123 5678 file Name b.txt abc def def xyz 123 5678 I would like to append files in the below format to a new file: file Name c.txt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing hyphen from beginning and end of a word only.

It is very simple to remove a hyphen from a word anywhere in that word using a simple sed command (sed -i 's/-//g' filename), but I am not able to figure out how to do this: For example, apple -orange tree pipe- banana-shake dupe- What my output should look like: apple orange tree... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append data to the content at the beginning of a variable?

Hi Guys, IF i have to append data to a variable, i simply use the following. What can i do to append data to the beginning? VAR+="data" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
6 Replies
Widget(n)							     [incr Tk]								 Widget(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Widget - base class for mega-widgets within a frame INHERITANCE
itk::Archetype <- itk::Widget STANDARD OPTIONS
background cursor See the "options" manual entry for details on the standard options. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The Widget class inherits everything from the Archetype class, and adds a Tk frame called the "hull" component to represent the body of the mega-widget. The window class name for the hull is set to the most-specific class name for the mega-widget. The protected variable itk_interior contains the window path name for the "hull" component. Derived classes specialize this widget by packing other widget compo- nents into the hull. Since the hull for the Widget class is implemented with a Tk frame, mega-widgets in the Widget class can be packed into other frames and toplevels. COMPONENTS
Name: hull Class: Frame The "hull" component acts as the body for the entire mega-widget. Other components are packed into the hull to further specialize the widget. EXAMPLE
The following example implements a simple TextDisplay mega-widget. It creates a read-only display of text with a text widget and a scroll- bar. option add *TextDisplay.wrap none widgetDefault option add *TextDisplay.textBackground ivory widgetDefault option add *TextDisplay.width 40 widgetDefault option add *TextDisplay.height 10 widgetDefault itcl::class TextDisplay { inherit itk::Widget constructor {args} { itk_component add text { text $itk_interior.info -state disabled -yscrollcommand [code $itk_interior.sbar set] } { usual keep -tabs -wrap -width -height rename -background -textbackground textBackground Background } pack $itk_component(text) -side left -expand yes -fill both itk_component add scrollbar { scrollbar $itk_interior.sbar -command [code $itk_interior.info yview] } pack $itk_component(scrollbar) -side right -fill y eval itk_initialize $args } public method display {info} public method append {info} } itcl::body TextDisplay::display {info} { $itk_component(text) configure -state normal $itk_component(text) delete 1.0 end $itk_component(text) insert 1.0 $info $itk_component(text) configure -state disabled } itcl::body TextDisplay::append {info} { $itk_component(text) configure -state normal $itk_component(text) insert end $info $itk_component(text) configure -state disabled } itk::usual TextDisplay { keep -background -cursor -foreground -font keep -activebackground -activerelief keep -highlightcolor -highlightthickness keep -insertbackground -insertborderwidth -insertwidth keep -insertontime -insertofftime keep -selectbackground -selectborderwidth -selectforeground keep -textbackground -troughcolor } # # EXAMPLE: Display the /etc/passwd file # TextDisplay .file -background red pack .file .file display [exec cat /etc/passwd] KEYWORDS
itk, Archetype, Widget, mega-widget itk 3.0 Widget(n)