Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Gdb on a 64 bit executable - cannot access memory Post 302918804 by DGPickett on Thursday 25th of September 2014 03:23:19 PM
Old 09-25-2014
Looks like a bug.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Creting 64-bit executable

Hi I am using solaris 8 and I need to create 64-bit executable 'lsof'. what is the cc equivalent option? and how to check whether my compiler supports 64-bit executables or not? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: axes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

0403-015 - Cannot access a required executable file. It is in use.

How is this error resolved please? I'm just trying to run a shell script and am getting this error. All file permissions are fine. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miwinter
0 Replies

3. Programming

Cannot access memory at address 0x8

Hi All I have a structure pointer and setting that pointer as NULL. When i tried to access the elements in the structure i am getting the error message. "Cannot access memory at address 0x8". This i tried in LINUX. When the same program is tried thro UNIX (HP-UX), i am not getting the message... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkraj
8 Replies

4. Programming

Access process memory from kernel space

Hi, I'm currently working on a project to help the analysis of malware from inside the kernel to avoid any kind of detection. So I need to be able to read the process memory from my kernel module. As of now, I'm stuck at converting a virtual memory address (for example 0x080483e8 found... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymoose
3 Replies

5. Programming

gdb: how to debug an executable file with a few command line papameters

If an executalbe file has several parameters, gdb can not pass parameters correctly. Let us see: run: ./executablefile1 agr1 arg2 arg3 debug: gdb executablefile1 run executalbefile1 arg1 arg2 arg3 then argv : executablefile1 argv : executablefile argv : arg1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
3 Replies

6. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Not able to access wi-fi from ubuntu 9.04 -AMD 64-bit.

Hi, I am not able to access wi-fi network from my laptop HP-DV6-1111au. Please suggest how can i load a driver for the device and set the network right!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guru_gyan
3 Replies

8. Linux

Memory issue on My CentOS 5.8 x64 bit server

Hello, I am using CentOS 5.8 x64 server for our one of internal application which is developed on PHP and Mysql as DB. Currently there are 8-10 instances deployed on this server some of them are rarely used. Below is the H/W specification fort the same :- Procesor :- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
6 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Maximum Memory RAM for windows 7 32 bit

Hi, i have just installed 4 gb RAM ddr3 on OS Windows 7 32 bit. In "manage peripherals" i see this section: Memory installed (ram) : 4,00 gb (2,30gb usable) Why only 2,30 gb usable ? In Windows 7 32bit the maximum size is not 3,00gb ? see file attached, please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nash83
4 Replies

10. Programming

64 bit code debugging using gdb and ddd

Hello I have built our application on AIX 7.1 as a 64 bit application. My queries are as follows: Can a 32bit gdb (v7.6) and ddd (data display debugger - v3.3.12), debug a 64bit executable ? If I have a small 64bit a.exe executable that seems to work. If I have a more complicated executable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: biju64
4 Replies
DH_BUGFILES(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_BUGFILES(1)

NAME
       dh_bugfiles - install bug reporting customization files into package build directories

SYNOPSIS
       dh_bugfiles [-A] [debhelperoptions]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_bugfiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing bug reporting customization files (bug scripts and/or bug control
       files and/or presubj files) into package build directories.

FILES
       debian/package.bug-script
	   This is the script to be run by the bug reporting program for generating a bug report template. This file is installed as
	   usr/share/bug/package in the package build directory if no other types of bug reporting customization files are going to be installed
	   for the package in question. Otherwise, this file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/script. Finally, the installed script is given
	   execute permissions.

debian/package.bug-control
	   It is the bug control file containing some directions for the bug reporting tool. This file is installed as
	   usr/share/bug/package/control in the package build directory.

debian/package.bug-presubj
	   The contents of this file are displayed to the user by the bug reporting tool before allowing the user to write a bug report on the
	   package to the Debian Bug Tracking System. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/presubj in the package build directory.

OPTIONS
       -A, --all
	   Install debian/bug-* files to ALL packages acted on when respective debian/package.bug-* files do not exist. Normally, debian/bug-*
	   will be installed to the first package only.

SEE ALSO
       /usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers.gz

debhelper(1)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							    DH_BUGFILES(1)