Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to avoid the spaces?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to avoid the spaces? Post 302918780 by gandolf989 on Thursday 25th of September 2014 01:56:45 PM
Old 09-25-2014
It would be helpful to see that actual output. I had an issue with mySQL and Oracle heterogenous Gateway a couple years ago. Every table that was stored as a double byte unicode character displayed as "A " or the character with a trailing space.

I could not figure it out, and eventually the customer upgraded their server from Redhat 5.7 to Redhat 6.3, so I set it up with the 6.3 ODBC driver and it worked fine. In my case I had an issue with the Redhat 5 ODBC driver and it worked fine in Redhat 6.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo is suppressing multiple spaces.How to avoid it

I am reading a file and copying selected lines from the file into another using echo. For eg: while read line do if ((some logic to determine whether I need to copy the current line to another file)) then echo $line > tempfile fi done<srcfile The problem I have is the data in the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathima
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to avoid polling???

Hi all, I have a directory where some process is keeping incremental/new log files. I need to code a program which will periodically poll this directory and if it founds a new file arrived then copy that new file to some other specific directory. We are OK with this polling approach. I just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append spaces(say 10 spaces) at the end of each line based on the length of th

Hi, I have a problem where I need to append few spaces(say 10 spaces) for each line in a file whose length is say(100 chars) and others leave as it is. I tried to find the length of each line and then if the length is say 100 chars then tried to write those lines into another file and use a sed... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid the space

Hi, I have some problem with following command. $path='pwd'.”/pack”; When I check the value in the variable path , it give the following output /tmp/new /pack The pwd will be /tmp/new Now the problem is the spaces is added between pwd and the appended path. I need the output like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid CR after compression

Hi all, I am having few files which needs to be concted into a single file and then it is compressed and FTPed from the UNIX server to the Windows server. For the above purpose i am using gzip command to compress the files after concetenation. And i am FTP ing the compressed file in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Any way to avoid these errors?

Hello, this is solaris 10 on SF v440, I know below errors might go away if I put a new PS or put the original one back in socket but is there any other way to stop these errors from appearing in /var/adm/messages ? I do not want to put the failed PS1 in socket neither do we want to spend on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid the truncating of multiple spaces into a single space while reading a line from a file?

consider the small piece of code while read line do echo $line done < example content of example file sadasdasdasdsa erwerewrwr ergdgdfgf rgerg erwererwr the output is like sadasdasdasdsa erwerewrwr ergdgdfgf rgerg erwererwr the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
4 Replies
ODBC_PREPARE(3) 							 1							   ODBC_PREPARE(3)

odbc_prepare - Prepares a statement for execution

SYNOPSIS
resource odbc_prepare (resource $connection_id, string $query_string) DESCRIPTION
Prepares a statement for execution. The result identifier can be used later to execute the statement with odbc_execute(3). Some databases (such as IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, and Oracle) support stored procedures that accept parameters of type IN, INOUT, and OUT as defined by the ODBC specification. However, the Unified ODBC driver currently only supports parameters of type IN to stored procedures. PARAMETERS
o $connection_id -The ODBC connection identifier, see odbc_connect(3) for details. o $query_string - The query string statement being prepared. RETURN VALUES
Returns an ODBC result identifier if the SQL command was prepared successfully. Returns FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 odbc_execute(3) and odbc_prepare(3) example In the following code, $success will only be TRUE if all three parameters to myproc are IN parameters: <?php $a = 1; $b = 2; $c = 3; $stmt = odbc_prepare($conn, 'CALL myproc(?,?,?)'); $success = odbc_execute($stmt, array($a, $b, $c)); ?> If you need to call a stored procedure using INOUT or OUT parameters, the recommended workaround is to use a native extension for your database (for example, mssql for MS SQL Server, or oci8 for Oracle). SEE ALSO
odbc_execute(3). PHP Documentation Group ODBC_PREPARE(3)