Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Swapping/replacing fields
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Swapping/replacing fields Post 302918699 by kekanap on Thursday 25th of September 2014 05:36:44 AM
Old 09-25-2014
R.Singh........you are a rockster.
This User Gave Thanks to kekanap For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying and replacing fields with awk

#cat BATCH007.TXT 01,661060052,061000104,081118,0915,07,80,1,2/ 99,,,2/ I have this file called BATCH007.TXT. I am trying to change fields 2 and 3 on line 2 to have zeroes. Like this: 01,661060052,061000104,081118,0915,07,80,1,2/ 99,0,0,2/ I can use these commands to print identify the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddurden7
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding & Replacing specific Fields

All I have a very large file (aproximately 150,000) as shown below separated by pipe "|". I need to replace data in 2, 16, 17, 23 fields that are of time stamp format. My goal is to look in those fields and it ends with "000000|" then replace it with "000|". In other words, make it as 6 digit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddraj2015
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping of fields in a file

Hi I have afile with 15fields,say f1,f2....f15 delimited on comma. How can i swap the f1,f15 fields using unix shell commands or any script? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files and replacing fields

I have two files with ids and email addresses. File 2 cotains a subset of the records in file 1. The key field is the first field containing the id. file 1: 123|myadr@abc.com 456|myadr2@abc.com 789|myadr3@abc.com file 2: 456|adr456@xyz.com Where the record appears in the second... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tltroy
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Swapping Fields with Sed

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The assignment is to convert a text table to csv format. I've got the cleaning up done, but I need to swap two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VoiceInADesert
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing fields

Hi! I have a file somefile.txt: 12, 1, a, b, c, d, e, f 12, 1, a, b, c, d, e, f 17, 51, a, b, c, d, e, f ... I've made this script to read two fields from a line and output a third: cat somefile.txt | awk -F, '{if ($1 == "12" && $2== "1") print "19"; else if ($1 == "17" && $2== "51")... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing certain fields from certain rows

Hi all, say for example i have the next input file 30 Au 7.500000 7.500000 5.774000 Au 7.500000 8.995000 8.363000 Au 7.500000 6.005000 8.363000 Au 20.633000 7.500000 9.226000 Au 20.632000 6.005000 6.637000 Au 20.632000 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezitoc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK swapping fields on different lines

Hi All, Sorry if this question has been posted elsewhere, but I'm hoping someone can help me! Bit of an AWK newbie here, but I'm learning (slowly!) I'm trying to cobble a script together that will save me time (is there any other kind?), to swap two fields (one containing whitespace), with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bravestarr
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping of fields in file

Hi Friends , I have file1.txt 1|b|46|123|47673|348738 2|c|63|124|7346|4783 3|y|45|125|5555|78789 output should swap the 4th field to the first field. output 123|1|b|46|47673|348738 124|2|c|63|7346|4783 125|3|y|45|5555|78789 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping fields

Hallo Team, This is the command that i am running : grep ",Call Forward Not Reachable" *2013* this is the output that i am getting (i did a head -10 but the files can be more than 1000) ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
8 Replies
GIMPTOOL-2.0(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GIMPTOOL-2.0(1)

NAME
gimptool-2.0 - script to perform various GIMPy functions SYNOPSIS
gimptool-2.0 [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--help] [--quiet] [--silent] [-n] [--just-print] [--dry-run] [--recon] [--msvc-syntax] [--bindir] [--sbindir] [--libexecdir] [--datadir] [--sysconfdir] [--sharedstatedir] [--localstatedir] [--libdir] [--infodir] [--mandir] [--includedir] [--gimpplugindir] [--gimpdatadir] [--libs] [--libs-noui] [--cflags] [--cflags-noi] [--build plug-in.c] [--build-strip plug-in.c] [--install plug-in.c] [--install-strip plug-in.c] [--install-admin plug-in.c] [--install-bin plug-in] [--install-admin-strip plug-in.c] [--install-bin-strip plug-in] [--install-admin-bin plug-in] [--install-script script.scm] [--install-admin-script script.scm] [--uninstall-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-admin-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-script script.scm] [--unin- stall-admin-script script.scm] DESCRIPTION
gimptool-2.0 is a tool that can, among other things, build plug-ins or scripts and install them if they are distributed in one source file. gimptool-2.0 can also be used by programs that need to know what libraries and include-paths GIMP was compiled with. gimptool-2.0 uses pkg- config for this task. For use in Makefiles, it is recommended that you use pkg-config directly instead of calling gimptool-2.0. OPTIONS
gimptool-2.0 accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of GIMP on the standard output. --help Print out the help blurb, showing commonly used commandline options. --quiet Run quietly without echoing any of the build commands. --silent Run silently without echoing any of the build commands. Same as --quiet. -n Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Useful for making dry runs for testing. --just-print Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --dry-run Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --recon Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --msvc-syntax Useful on Windows. Outputs the compiler and linker flags in the syntax used by Microsoft's toolchain. Passed to the pkg-config com- mand that does most of gimptool-2.0's work. --bindir Outputs the bindir used to install the GIMP. --sbindir Outputs the sbindir used to install the GIMP. --libexecdir Outputs the libexecdir used to install the GIMP. --datadir Outputs the datadir used to install the GIMP. --sysconfdir Outputs the sysconfdir used to install the GIMP. --sharedstatedir Outputs the sharedstatedir used to install the GIMP. --localstatedir Outputs the localstatedir used to install the GIMP. --libdir Outputs the libdir used to install the GIMP. --infodir Outputs the infodir used to install the GIMP. --mandir Outputs the mandir used to install the GIMP. --includedir Outputs the includedir used to install the GIMP. --gimpdatadir Outputs the actual directory where the GIMP data files were installed. --gimpplugindir Outputs the actual directory where the GIMP plug-ins were installed. --build plug-in.c Compile and link plug-in.c into a GIMP plug-in. --build-strip plug-in.c Compile,link, and strip plug-in.c into a GIMP plug-in. --install plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-strip plug-in.c Compile, link,strip, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-admin plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-script script.scm Install script.scm into the user's personal GIMP script directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/scripts) --install-admin-script script.scm Install script.scm into the system-wide GIMP script directory (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts) --uninstall-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --uninstall-admin-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --uninstall-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the user's personal GIMP script directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/scripts) --uninstall-admin-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the system-wide GIMP script directory (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts) --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GIMP plug-in. --libs-noui Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GIMP plug-in, for plug-ins that do not require the GTK+ libraries. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GIMP plug-in. --clags-noui Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GIMP plug-in for plug-ins that do not require the GTK+ libraries. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that GIMP was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that GIMP was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. ENVIRONMENT
CC to get the name of the desired C compiler. CFLAGS to get the preferred flags to pass to the C compiler for plug-in building. LDFLAGS to get the preferred flags for passing to the linker. LIBS for passing extra libs that may be needed in the build process. For example, LIBS=-lintl . PKG_CONFIG to get the location of the pkg-config program that is used to determine details about your glib, pango, gtk+ and gimp installation. SEE ALSO
gimp(1), gimprc(5), pkg-config(1) AUTHORS
gimptool was written by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org) and is based on gtk-config by Owen Taylor (owen@gtk.org). This man page was written by Ben Gertzfield (che@debian.org), and tweaked by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org), Adrian Likins (adrian@gimp.org) and Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com>). GIMP Manual Pages Version 2.8.10 GIMPTOOL-2.0(1)