Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing and masking regions from a single fasta file with subsequence Post 302918684 by pilnet101 on Thursday 25th of September 2014 01:46:35 AM
Old 09-25-2014
You have given some sample input, can you please provide your expected output?

Also please advise what you have tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a fasta sequence with start and end coordinates

Hi.. I have a seperate chromosome sequences and i wanted to parse some regions of chromosome based on start site and end site.. how can i achieve this? For Example Chr 1 is in following format I need regions from 2 - 10 should give me AATTCCAAA and in a similar way 15- 25 should give... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking data for different file format

Hi, I have 3 kind of files that contains date data needed to be masked. The file is like this: File 1 (all contents in 1 line): input:DTM+7:201103281411:203'LOC+175+SGSIN:139:6+TERMINATOR......'DTM+132:201103281413:203'LOC.... output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alvin123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SED] Parsing to get a single value

Hello guys, I guess you are fed up with sed command and parse questions, but after a while researching the forum, I could not get an answer to my doubt. I know it must be easy done with sed command, but unfortunately, I never get right syntax of this command OK, this is what I have in my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manolain
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change sequence name in along fasta file?

Hi I have an alignment file (.fasta) with ~80 sequences. They look like this- >JV101.contig00066(+):25302-42404|sequence_index=0|block_index=4|species=JV101|JV101_4_0 GAGGTTAATTATCGATAACGTTTAATTAAAGTGTTTAGGTGTCATAATTT TAAATGACGATTTCTCATTACCATACACCTAAATTATCATCAATCTGAAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baika
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract regions of file based on start and end position

Hi, I have a file1 of many long sequences, each preceded by a unique header line. file2 is 3-columns list: headers name, start position, end position. I'd like to extract the sequence region of file1 specified in file2. Based on a post elsewhere, I found the code: awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequence from fasta file

Hi, I want to match the sequence id (sub-string of line starting with '>' and extract the information upto next '>' line ). Please help . input > fefrwefrwef X900 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGGGCCTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X932 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGAGGTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X937... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Line Perl for parsing fasta file

I would like to take a fasta file formated like >0001 agttcgaggtcagaatt >0002 agttcgag >0003 ggtaacctga and use command line perl to move the all sample gt 8 in length to a new file. the result would be >0001 agttcgaggtcagaatt >0003 ggtaacctga cat ${sample}.fasta | perl -lane... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of upstream and downstream regions from long sequence file

Hello, here I am posting my query again with modified data input files. see my query is : i have two input files file1 and file2. file1 is smalldata.fasta >gi|546671471|gb|AWWX01449637.1| Bubalus bubalis breed Mediterranean WGS:AWWX01:contig449636, whole genome shotgun sequence... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpreetmanku04
20 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Round up -FASTA file

I have the following script: awk 'FNR==NR{s+=$3;next;} { print $1 , $2, 100*$3/s }' and the following file: >P39PT-1224 Freq 900 cccctacgacggcattggtaatggctcagctgctccggatcccgcaagccatcttggatatgagggttcgtcggcctcttcagccaagg-cccccagcagaacatccagctgatcg >P39PT-784 Freq 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies
Packet sample action in tc(8)					       Linux					     Packet sample action in tc(8)

NAME
sample - packet sampling tc action SYNOPSIS
tc ... action sample rate RATE group GROUP [ trunc SIZE ] [ index INDEX ] tc ... action sample index INDEX DESCRIPTION
The sample action allows sampling packets matching classifier. The packets are chosen randomly according to the rate parameter, and are sampled using the psample generic netlink channel. The user can also specify packet truncation to save user-kernel traffic. Each sample includes some informative metadata about the original packet, which is sent using netlink attributes, alongside the original packet data. The user can either specify the sample action parameters as presented in the first form above, or use an existing sample action using its index, as presented in the second form. SAMPLED PACKETS METADATA FIELDS
The metadata are delivered to userspace applications using the psample generic netlink channel, where each sample includes the following netlink attributes: PSAMPLE_ATTR_IIFINDEX The input interface index of the packet, if there is one. PSAMPLE_ATTR_OIFINDEX The output interface index of the packet. This field is not relevant on ingress sampling PSAMPLE_ATTR_ORIGSIZE The size of the original packet (before truncation) PSAMPLE_ATTR_SAMPLE_GROUP The psample group the packet was sent to PSAMPLE_ATTR_GROUP_SEQ A sequence number of the sampled packet. This number is incremented with each sampled packet of the current psample group PSAMPLE_ATTR_SAMPLE_RATE The rate the packet was sampled with OPTIONS
rate RATE The packet sample rate. RATE is the expected ratio between observed packets and sampled packets. For example, RATE of 100 will lead to an average of one sampled packet out of every 100 observed. trunc SIZE Upon set, defines the maximum size of the sampled packets, and causes truncation if needed group GROUP The psample group the packet will be sent to. The psample module defines the concept of groups, which allows the user to match spe- cific sampled packets in the case of multiple sampling rules, thus identify only the packets that came from a specific rule. index INDEX Is a unique ID for an action. When creating new action instance, this parameter allows to set the new action index. When using existing action, this parameter allows to specify the existing action index. The index must 32bit unsigned integer greater than zero. EXAMPLES
Sample one of every 100 packets flowing into interface eth0 to psample group 12: tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: matchall action sample rate 100 group 12 index 19 Use the same action instance to sample eth1 too: tc qdisc add dev eth1 handle ffff: ingress tc filter add dev eth1 parent ffff: matchall action sample index 19 SEE ALSO
tc(8), tc-matchall(8) psample(1) iproute2 31 Jan 2017 Packet sample action in tc(8)