Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding SSL Cert Info
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding SSL Cert Info Post 302918668 by scj2012 on Wednesday 24th of September 2014 06:32:31 PM
Old 09-24-2014
Finding SSL Cert Info

How do I find out the SSL cert info on the local server?

How do I know if an ssl cert is installed on local server?

How it was issued to?

Who was the issuer?

What's the expiration date?

Any other relevant information?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding system info

Can someone tell me the command to display the info about the CPU? I need the CPI id.. of my SUN box. Solaris 8. It's some totally un-intuitive command, and i can't recall it. tnx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ireeneek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding file version info

Hi, Is there a standard command for retrieving the version of any given file (assuming the file has a version)? Thanks in advance Dave :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davewg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to provide "answers" to SSL Cert Request

Hello, I need assistance with creating a shell script to generate SSL Certificate Requests on remote hosts. Below is my stab at this, but I cannot figure out how to pass the requested arguments into the openssl command correctly. I have a major problem with redirecting the "answers" into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azvelocat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help finding info from log file

Hi, I have a log file that contains information such as this: date id number command1 command2 command3 command4 data data data date id number command1 command2 command3 command4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with finding info on pcode-interpreters-virtual machines

I'm trying to research interpreters and I can't find much info on Pcode or how or why it is used. Thanks in advance!:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

6. Linux

Finding IP info from access_log file

I found the /var/www/logs/access_log file (access log in order to find specific information about IP, And when users last logged in.) but in my fedora the access_log file is is in my /var/log/cups and it looks different from what it should be. Why is that? my goal is to get a list of IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugenhagen_
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldap over tls -- ssl cert help

Hey Guys, I am trying to setup ldap over tls in our lab. I am generating a self signed cert on the ldap server and importing that into the ldap system so it will use ldap over port 636. The clients will be a mix of solaris and redhat. I am lost on what I need to do on the client side to get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which will validate SSL cert with key

Hi, I am trying to find the script which will ask for SSL Cert and Key file name/path. The output of both should be matched and compared. If the output are same than the script final output should be Certificate Matches and if it doesn't than Output don't match. Is there any way we can create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SachinD
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
NE_SSL_CERT_IDENTITY(3) 					neon API reference					   NE_SSL_CERT_IDENTITY(3)

NAME
ne_ssl_cert_identity, ne_ssl_cert_signedby, ne_ssl_cert_issuer, ne_ssl_cert_subject - functions to access certificate properties SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_ssl.h> const char *ne_ssl_cert_identity(const ne_ssl_certificate *cert); const ne_ssl_certificate *ne_ssl_cert_signedby(const ne_ssl_certificate *cert); const ne_ssl_dname *ne_ssl_cert_subject(const ne_ssl_certificate *cert); const ne_ssl_dname *ne_ssl_cert_issuer(const ne_ssl_certificate *cert); DESCRIPTION
The function ne_ssl_cert_identity retrieves the "identity" of a certificate; for an SSL server certificate, this will be the hostname for which the certificate was issued. In PKI parlance, the identity is the common name attribute of the distinguished name of the certificate subject. The functions ne_ssl_cert_subject and ne_ssl_cert_issuer can be used to access the objects representing the distinguished name of the subject and of the issuer of a certificate, respectively. If a certificate object is part of a certificate chain, then ne_ssl_cert_signedby can be used to find the certificate which signed a particular certificate. For a self-signed certificate or a certificate for which the full chain is not available, this function will return NULL. RETURN VALUE
ne_ssl_cert_issuer and ne_ssl_cert_subject are guaranteed to never return NULL. ne_ssl_cert_identity may return NULL if the certificate has no specific "identity". ne_ssl_cert_signedby may return NULL as covered above. EXAMPLES
The following function could be used to display information about a given certificate: void dump_cert(const ne_ssl_certificate *cert) { const char *id = ne_ssl_cert_identity(cert); char *dn; if (id) printf("Certificate was issued for '%s'. ", id); dn = ne_ssl_readable_dname(ne_ssl_cert_subject(cert)); printf("Subject: %s ", dn); free(dn); dn = ne_ssl_readable_dname(ne_ssl_cert_issuer(cert)); printf("Issuer: %s ", dn); free(dn); } SEE ALSO
ne_ssl_cert_cmp, ne_ssl_readable_dname AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_SSL_CERT_IDENTITY(3)