Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to test RAID10 array performance [Debian Wheezy]? Post 302918592 by gull04 on Wednesday 24th of September 2014 10:36:18 AM
Old 09-24-2014
Hi,

The missing entry in mdadm.conf is a problem - but probably not the cause of your issue. But to eliminate it you should update the file and re-run the test.

You can I think get the correct information by running,

Code:
mdadm --detail /dev/md/1

Also a quick question, how have you created the "virtual drives"?

Regarda

Dave

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

apt-get problems on Wheezy

I am having some troubles with apt-get. I did an apt-get update and an apt-get upgrade. Some dependencies did not download, and so I had to do `apt-get -f install` to fix that. The thing is I get an error about /var/lib/dpkg/available root@hayek:~# apt-get -f install Reading package lists...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I test the first char of each line in an array

Hi folks, I am self-learning as I can I have a script that has read a file into an array. I can read out each line in the array with the code: for INDEX in {0..$LENGTH} ## $LENGTH was determined at the read in do echo "${data}" done What I need to do is test the first char... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] awk: test assoc. array for content

Hi all, I am looking for a quick/short way in awk to check if an associative array has any content. I know I can split() it to an indexed array and check if the 1st element is set, or cycle through it with something like for( ele in arr ), but I want to avoid that, as I am looking for a shorter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
3 Replies

4. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - array loop performance

Hi, another little question... "sn" is an array whose elements can vary from about 55,000 to about 150,000 elements. Each element consists of an integer between 0-255, eg: ${sn} contain the value: 103 . For a decrypt-procedure I need scroll all the elements 4 or 5 times. Here is an example of... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: math4
15 Replies

6. HP-UX

Test cases for file system mount/umount performance in HP

Hi Folks, Could anyone please assist me with the what could be the scenarios to test the file system mount/umount performance check in HPUX. Thanks in advance, Vaishey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
5 Replies

7. AIX

Power RAID10 array reconstruct fails ?

Hello, P7 machine PCI Express x8 Planar 3Gb SAS Adapter RAID10 array(2 disks)(not AIX lvm) was configured and working, then one disk failed and IBM support replaced that. Now raid array is degraded, data is not lost. I see new disk model(same as original) serial and etc. What I did trying... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If test array element multiplication

Ya, I know, who in this day and age is mirroring rootvg...? But yes, my shop does and I need to script checking for it. I also know I could just inverse the the logic and call the LV mirrored if the LPs and PPs were not equal. But I want to do the math in the if test and also know I could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtsonoma
5 Replies
SPEED(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							       SPEED(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-speed, speed - test library performance SYNOPSIS
openssl speed [-help] [-engine id] [-elapsed] [-evp algo] [-decrypt] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] [-primes num] [-seconds num] [-bytes num] [algorithm...] DESCRIPTION
This command is used to test the performance of cryptographic algorithms. To see the list of supported algorithms, use the list --digest-commands or list --cipher-commands command. The global CSPRNG is denoted by the rand algorithm name. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -engine id Specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause speed to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the default for all available algorithms. -elapsed When calculating operations- or bytes-per-second, use wall-clock time instead of CPU user time as divisor. It can be useful when testing speed of hardware engines. -evp algo Use the specified cipher or message digest algorithm via the EVP interface. If algo is an AEAD cipher, then you can pass <-aead> to benchmark a TLS-like sequence. And if algo is a multi-buffer capable cipher, e.g. aes-128-cbc-hmac-sha1, then -mb will time multi- buffer operation. -decrypt Time the decryption instead of encryption. Affects only the EVP testing. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. -primes num Generate a num-prime RSA key and use it to run the benchmarks. This option is only effective if RSA algorithm is specified to test. -seconds num Run benchmarks for num seconds. -bytes num Run benchmarks on num-byte buffers. Affects ciphers, digests and the CSPRNG. [zero or more test algorithms] If any options are given, speed tests those algorithms, otherwise a pre-compiled grand selection is tested. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 SPEED(1SSL)