Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assiging to a variable after cutting from the input line Post 302918556 by pilnet101 on Wednesday 24th of September 2014 07:37:18 AM
Old 09-24-2014
I am slightly confused as to what you are trying to do.

Can you please provide some sample output?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting columns starting at the end of each line...

Hi Guys, Can you help me with a sed or a csh script that will have an output from the input below. Cutting the columns starting from the end of the line and not from the start of the line? Sample1 - The underscore character "_" is actually a space...i need to put it as underscore here coz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmer1503
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting characters in a variable

I have a variable var which contains "ABCDEFDH" Now I have to remove the first 4 characters that is "ABCD" so my variable should contain only "DEFH" plzz tell me how to do that . i am using bash shell (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cynosure2009
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash shell: Cutting pasting only parts of the name of a directory into a variable

I have a script in a directory and want to search the directory before like follows: i=0 for file in ../HN_* do echo $file ((i+=1)) echo $i done Currently I get following output: ../HN_2 1 ../HN_3 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input variable in command line

i have this script that reads a file "listall_101111" where 101111 varies. awk '{print $0,$1}' listall_101111 | sed -e 's/\(.*\).$/\1/g' | awk '{print $6,$2,$3,$4,$5}' | sort -nrk5 | nawk 'NR==1{m=$5;a++;b=(b)?b:$0;next}$5==m{a++;b=(b)?b:$0}END{for (i in a){print b,a}}' | grep -v ^LG | sort... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input two variable on single line

Can we input two variable on single line that separate by space example user input "list jpg" it will list all jpg files in current directory (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a part of line till delimiter

here are the few scenarios... isoSizeKB text NOT NULL, reserved1 varchar(255), KEY `deviceId` (`deviceId`) `d5` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, `dHead` enum('HistoryInfo','Diversion') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci, `ePR` int(11) DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a string and storing it in a variable

Hello I have a script: path=test1 echo "${path%?}" till this the program is successful in deleting hte last character i.e. "1" and displays an output --> test. After this how can i save this output to another variable. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kishore920
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting commas after the second occurrence in a line

Hello everyone, I am manipulating a large CSV file and am trying to read it into a program and started running into trouble. The have manually edited the file trying to make it correctly run through the program and have made progress. However, I am know stuck with an issue involving too many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybrownies
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting all xml tags out of a line

I would like search and find a word (easily identified by 'key') from an xml file and then cut all of the tags out of the resulting line (anything between a < and a >) and display the remaining material. I am running Debian and mksh shell. dictionary.sh: #!/bin/sh key='key="'$1'"><form'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
3 Replies
netris-sample-robot(6)						Netris Sample Robot					    netris-sample-robot(6)

NAME
netris-sample-robot - sample robot for netris SYNOPSIS
netris-sample-robot [-l] DESCRIPTION
The netris-sample-robot is a sample implementation of the robot protocol. It plays quite well but isn't too hard to beat. The robot should be started from netris with the option -r to connect or wait for another player to join. You can also let two robots play against each other in that way, if you like. OPTIONS
-l Writes some log information into the file log in the current working directory. If it can't it bails out. EXAMPLES
To start the netris-sample-robot waiting for another connection with logfile use the following line: netris -w -r 'netris-sample-robot -l' You then just have to start netris somewhere else which connects to that robot. SEE ALSO
netris(6) BUGS
One known bug of the netris-sample-robot is that it hangs quite often. This was already filed as a bugreport against the package so please refrain from doing so again. If you have an idea why this happens or know a solution how to fix it feel free to mail us. AUTHORS
Netris was written by Mark H. Weaver <mhw@netris.org>. This manual page was written by Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 0.5 16 Feb 2002 netris-sample-robot(6)